America Bashing

by TR 130 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Tell ya what fodeja,

I'll meet you half way, I'll do a little adjusting of my humor and you can take only a little of what I say serious.

I'll buy the scotch, I think everyone who has contributed to this thread could use a good stiff drink.

Dave

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Boy, just based on reading Dave's post, sounds like I missed another brauhaha.

I'm posting just to get the stiff drink!

Slipnslidemaster: "But at my back I always hear Time's winged chariot hurrying near."
    - Andrew Marvell

• riz
    riz

\~/ \~/ \~/ \~/ \~/ \~/ \~/ \~/

Drinks all around Cheers!

riz

Stop looking at me, swan!- Billy Madison

• outnfree
    outnfree

DAVE
    for
    PRESIDENT!

outnfree

(and I strongly recommend Dana for Secretary of State once he's in!)

• crossroads
    crossroads

Bigbio---man where to begin"It also is the real
    Foundation of AMERICAN world power." I've been
    saying all a long it's about money and power. Tell me
    how many nations out there want us to be the world
    power. Most of the Nations at the U.N. vote against us. Do you really think we can police the whole world
    when we can not even police our own streets.

The confederacy would NEVER(it's bad to use a word
    like never) have survived(how do you know that) there
    backward thinking(I guess yours and the norths was
    frontwards) and total reliance on a agricultural economy.
    You mean NO nation on the face of the earth today(of
    course over time some in the south would have sold out to the industrialist and there WHOLE economy at this time wouldn't be based on cotton and tobacco.) survives
    on what it grows.

Last about rich and powerful states. They can not over
    throw the federal government. The states national guard
    do not have the weapons to suceed. Back to the second
    amendment the right to bar ARMS not guns. So give me the stealth bombers(which I'm sure Calif. has paid for
    there fair share of) keep the FBI CIA DEA ATF and all other underhanded federal forces out of my state.

Now all I need is a Jefferson, RFK, Davis, Tupac, Malcom,
    or Teddy Rosevelt for governor and the great state of Cali.
    Is now one fine country. Anybody for some fine imported
    wine from the great country of California

• bigboi
    bigboi

Crossroads:

The confedracy won most of the battles in the Civil War. It had the best Generals, and troops because of their upbringing in the south that were more accustomed to the rigors of battle. Yet, they still lost the war. Why, because of their limited resources and backward thinking. Most of those guys were fighting to preserve a way of life that wasn't even of benefit to them. They were fighting to protect the interests of rich landowners who owned enormous numbers of slaves. they were goaded into the war by the propaganda of the anti-abolitionist movement who thought it proper to have every state in the union to own slaves. They didn't even have the sense to offer emancipation to the slaves and really get them involved in the War effort. Why, because of the backward and obviously racist thinking of those running the show back then. Abe Lincoln finally did after a few yrs of slaughter by means of the Emancipation Proclamation. This gave the North a much needed boost in men as the slaves started en masse to flee to join Northern armies, further undermining the resources of the south. America is nothing w/o it's unity my friend. The country already experimented with self-governing states. Remember the Articles of Confederation? It didn't work then and it won't work now.

ONE....

bigboi

"it ain't what ya do. it's how you do it" quote from the song "True Honeybunz" by Bahamadia

• seven006
    seven006

You "are" a stiff drink Slip!

I might see Venice in person in two weeks. I think a few people have decided to
    have a little party at my house while Alan F and his wife are visiting.

For ten bucks I'll tell Venice how great you are. For twenty bucks
    I'll take pictures (hidden bathroom cam), For fifty bucks I'll give her a kiss on the
    cheek and tell her it's from you. For a hundred bucks I'll.....God, sometimes I just make my self sick.

Dave

• crossroads
    crossroads

Bigboi-The Japanesse were much more accustom to the jungles of the pacfic than us. They lost not because
    of backward thinking they lost for the same reason
    the south did and you said it yourself "limited resources".
    POWER and MONEY wins 99% of the time in battle
    were both sides have their heart set on winning.
    What are you missing--------We won the cold war
    because we could out spend the U.S.S.R. case closed.
    They ran out of resources before us thats it.

• Andee
    Andee

Ok....here are some of my thoughts on this subject.

First off, in general, Americans do tend to be arrogant when it comes to our additude towards other countries and if their ways differ from ours. We always think OUR way is the BEST.

Am I glad to be American? Sure! I also like living in California. Especially for people that have not visited various parts of my home state, everyone gets their impression of us from TV. You know, we all spend our days sunbathing at the beach between our appointments with the plastic surgeon.

The arrogance can be regional too. The South, The East Coast, etc. People that live in the US, know what I mean.

By the way, Englishman, your little map was dead on! LMAO!

What always makes me roll my eyes is when Americans, being critized by Brits, nearly always come back with that tired, overworn statement "Well, we sure saved YOUR butt in WWII, if it wasn't for US you would be speaking German"!

Well, my friends, if it weren't for the FRENCH during the revolutionary war, we would probably still be British subjects. Quite frankly, they saved OUR butts and I certainly don't hear them reminding us of THAT at every opportunity. Sheesh, my fellow Americans, let us have a bit of humility.

To our credit though, when the Revolutionary War was won, we were the ONLY revolution known to man, at that point in time, that didn't eat itself alive. I am truly amazed as the wisdom of our founding fathers in that regard.

BTW, I'm newbie, a 39 yo married female. Perhaps I will share my story sometime. My story is quite different from everybody's that I have read so far. Still not sure if I fit here.

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Once again, Welcome to the board, Andee!

RCat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit