What's Your Big Plans For New Year's Eve?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Staying at home or going out???

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

staying home - bourbon and prime rib cooked on the grill - Missouri weather permitting!

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Drunken fun with other people of the ex-dub persuassion.

• little1
    little1

Going out! New Year's is my FAVORITE HOLIDAY!!! Why, you ask? Well, because I can get dressed to the nines, go out with my friends and dance, dance, dance. We aren't drinkers, so it's nice to just go out and have a great time with no kids!!!

Little1-diva on the town

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Driving around a bunch of drunks. The city has free bus service NYE, and I'll be forced to work it.

Kwin

• OUT and about
    OUT and about

I was born on New Years Day. I'm going Multiple Pagan and celebrating all this at my worldly parents home with my unbelieving mate (I was already baptised when we met), and bringing my two BELOVED dogs (familly members, really). Oh, and we will probably drive there in my TWO DOOR convertible (had to emphasize the two door part), and drink plenty of champagne.

Oh, and I think I'm getting a treadmill as a birthday gift, which I sorely need .

• minimus
  • Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

i'm going to the best block party ever, with some very dear friends, wheee...

FOR IMMEDIATE
    RELEASE:

Thu Dec. 02, 2004

Smash Mouth to Headline
    Tempe Tostitos Fiesta Bowl Block Party
    TEMPE, Ariz. ? The Tempe Tostitos Fiesta Bowl Block Party will feature the band Smash Mouth as the headliner for entertainment this year.

?Our top goal every year at the Block Party is to provide a safe and entertaining environment for families to spend New Year\'s Eve,? Fiesta Bowl Chairman Armando Flores said. ?We work hard to keep the Block Party tradition alive by securing a spectacular entertainment line-up, while also catering to families and children with several ancillary events and activities."

There is entertainment for the entire family at the Tempe Tostitos Fiesta Bowl Block Party, which has become a long-standing tradition in the Valley of the Sun over the past 19 years. The event offers a place for families to celebrate the New Year with interactive games for the younger kids and music and entertainment for adults. Food and beverage booths line the streets of Tempe as thousands of partygoers enjoy different elements of the Block Party.

The event will feature 30 bands, performing from 4 p.m. to midnight at Arizona\'s largest New Year\'s event. Smash Mouth will ring in 2005 from the main stage at Tempe Beach Park. There will also be two fireworks displays, one at 10 p.m. and the other at midnight.
  • Winston Smith :>D
  • M.J.
    M.J.

Will try and pursuade my wife to go out with me. I've never tried to do anything on New Years w/her. Can someone give me a clue how taboo this is for a JW? As bad as X-mas?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit