My Testimony

by snakeizz 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Momof4
    Momof4

Welcome Snakeizz, I think it's great you have found a true relationship with God. As a witness I used to think I had a relationship with Him, now I realize I had a relationship with only the organization. I totally agree with what you said about having a sense of peace nothing can compare to it. One thing I decided when I left the organization was that they weren't going to take God away from me. It took me quite awhile to discover Him and establish a "real" relationship with Him, but it's been worth all the tears, prayers and heartache.

• snakeizz
    snakeizz

WOW!! Thank you guys for all your positive feedback! That was really refreshing to hear. I wasn't expecting that response. I totally agree with what you guys said. And believe me, the story doesn't end there....there are so many other things that happened that scarred me...I just want to reiterate to all of you that there is still hope.....I'm still learning God's way and still cultivating a relationship with Him....but despite all that we have been through, and despite what's going on in the world today, we still have Him...in our final hours, He is there....He is with us until the end of time....these are things the orginization didn't focus on with us...before anything else, God wants us. It starts in our hearts. He can and will take the pain away...we don't have to be in the "club" to have His love....but when I said come to Him "stripped" i meant without the doubts, worries, and guilt that you had before. He knows you have that. Bondage. Ask Him to strip those chains and all that other mess that they drowned us in. He will. My heart goes out to StopthePain....don't give up my brother...I'm telling yall, get some good gospel/inspirational music! LOL....it's gone be alright!!! LOL

But this is so refreshing. I hope all of you got something out of this...because I feel blessed reading all of your posts and again I thank you all for the wonderful words. I look forward to sharing more with all of you.......

• LDH
    LDH

Snakeizz,

Did you ever try Afro-Sheen? Certainly i can't be the only person on this board who used to sneak and watch SOUUUUUULLLL TRAIN with Don Corney-neel-ius and being fascinated by the soul Train Scramble Board! LOL!!!

Just kidding. Don't feel special, I thought the solid Gold Dancers and Denny Terrio were the bomb.

Great story, Snake. Your hair was a symbol of a culture that is not represented within MOST Ultra-conservative US Christian religions.Also, it has been scientifically proven that white people have reactions (read:fear) when encountering black people. Here is the scale of the threat factor:

1. white woman--not threatening--you should stop to assist all white women in distress.

2. white man- minimally threatening--basically a non factor.

3. black woman- won't really scare you but usually a LOUD MOUTH who will embarrass the hell out of you

4. black man-VERY threatening. Cross to the other side of the street if possible

5. black man with FACIAL HAIR----RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!! MOTHA #($*&A's GOT A GAT!!!!!

Lisa

Humor Class

• snakeizz
    snakeizz

LOL...I actually used oil sheen....which is somewhat like afro sheen...but for the record yall...my hair is still fine and wavy (naturally as it always has been but u couldn't tell the brothers that)

I keep it trimmed low and nice and neat...AND....I sport a goatee!

Put me on that podium now!!! LOL

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Glad to have you, Snake!!!! I could never get the whole beard/hair thing either!!! In my cong, the didn't want the little girls to wear corn rows, said it was "worldly" How else were their mommas supposed to keep their hair from getting all crazy??? As a mother, the last thing you want to do is pull tangles out of a screaming little girls hair. My mom cut mine off once(I'm white, and had blonde, thin hair, which tangled like the dickens, and was a total tenderhead), and was told that this also was worldly!!! Go figure.

• little witch
    little witch

Welcome Snakeizz

Yes, the society welcomes peoples of all races and nationalities, so long as they forfeit their culture, traditional dress, and behave like western white folk!

Can you just imagine what an African congregation looks like as more "food at the proper time" is given to the members? I bet the women there are really going to enjoy panty hose, high heels, and flowery nightmare dresses in the oppressive heat of that part of the world.

Imagine the men in these countries getting the news that they must conform to western standards and don three peice business suits while spreading the good news from hut to hut.

This is tongue in cheek obviously, but isn't it silly for the org to harp on about inclusiveness of all races of people, when they obsess and control even ones hairstyle and manner of dress in American Congregations. I am quite suprised that they never published literature (complete with pictures) defining just exactly what IS the proper christian appearance!

What an assault to ones dignity to be told you are not properly attired or groomed. How perfectly lame.....Ah well, it is such non-sense as this that frees many of the bondage of the tower!

Thanks for sharing your testimony with us Snake, and Welcome to JWD.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Sounds vaguely similar to my story, I was good on the stick and they pushed me to the moon. Similar reason I was counselled too because I grew long hair. Thanks for writing this, it was an ecouragement to hear someone else had the same problem with the same trivial rule. I once sat down and came up with three pages of scriptures saying it doesn't matter what you look like God will still love you, but I guess the one scripture saying that it's a shame for men to have long hair overrides the three pages.

• gespro
    gespro

Hi Snakeizz! Welcome to the board!!!

I'm so happy to see that you've escaped the 'tower at a young age. I was born into the cult and I'm STILL scraping off the crap that's been embedded in my soul! 20 years after leaving the cult, I find myself still filled with their idiosyncracies but, I address them as they come up and I rid myself of those parts of my life that I want to forget...hmm, what am I trying to say? You see the cult for what it is so now RUN FREE !!! RUN FREE AH HAHAAHA!!!!

From gespro- who is a little off center these days...

• prophecor
    prophecor

Snakeizz its good to hear your testimony, seen you on the block before but never got to know you. Thanks for encouraging us who still believe, regardless for what we've been through, can't wait till it iz I get stripped. Welcome aboard, many of us need to hear voices like yours. I still believe, but it can still be so hard to see thru the haze of guilt, fear and pain of being confused for so many years. Though not where I wanna' be, I know, somehow, that I'm just where I need to be. Thankyou and Jehovah be with you!

• william wallace
    william wallace

Hi Undecided,

I'm a former Pioneer and when I left I went through a real bad time trying to figure things out. Part of the problem is that the WT programmes followers to see things in black and white; all or nothing type thinking. Anyway, I eventually got free from the mindbending and can tell you that althougth I don't have all the answers I've found contentment - not 100% but to a very large degree. Look at Job. He really was a righteous man but when things went badly for him he started falling apart, partly, because of his insistence that he was blameless and ENTITLED to get answers from God. But when God started questioning Job about creation and nature Job had to admit that he knew very little or nothing at all about things.

May I suggest please that you visit the following websites ( they won't directly answer your question but I believe will help you to focus on something vital) www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/charles_spurgeon/sermons/0020.html www.spurgeon.org/misc/abio011.htm

The sermons are quite lengthy but I believe you'll find them beneficial and I hope they have the same effect on you as they had on me.

Best wishes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit