Basic Requirements For Bethel Service 2001...

by TheApostleAK 18 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

GodRules,

You said that the requirements have always been the same. Isn't it interesting what you can learn here? Within a few days here you will learn more about the Organization than anyone in your congregation knows.

• blondie
    blondie

I hope I didn't offend you SixofNine. I am just reporting what's in the KM. I don't understand your comment. I'm not that insightful and I don't mean this in the wrong way. Look under obtuse in the dictionary and you will see me. I was surprised of the subtle changes and the fact that it is not stated directly that an applicant "must" be a regular pioneer. Of course, it is strongly implied.

I was surprised to see that the lower limit was 17 at one time too.

So I hope I didn't offend you. Sorry if I did.

• VM44
    VM44

Blondie,

Maybe she meant that you used the 1995 WT Library CD-ROM?

--VM44

• Moxy
    Moxy

blondie, thanks for the definitive answer to that question! 6of9 is making a simpson's reference as a joke - dont worry.

mox

• sawthelight
    sawthelight

so, can a teenager be tricked into going immediately following HS graduation. could be a good selling point for desparate elders: kid has no prospects for ever learning salable skills, go to bethel , maybe even learn a trade (lol, scrubbing toilets more likely); just think teen never has to face the real world , room and board provided and maybe enough money to buy 2/3 pairs of socks per year.
    sawthelight

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the post and comments.
    In my opinion the …light was given
    in the reply from: BLONDIE
    and particularly the last quote:

*** km 4/71 4 Question Box *** What are the qualifications for Bethel service?
    1. First of all, it is necessary that the individual have a deep love for Jehovah, his Word and his organization, as well as a strong desire to serve his Christian brothers around the world.
    2. Applicants agree to serve at Bethel for at least four years and work hard.
    3. single brothers between 17 and 35 years of age.
    4. Those who apply must be dedicated and baptized for at least a year.
    5. Brothers invited to Bethel are usually chosen from applicants who are regular or special pioneers and who have received a minister’s (IV-D) draft classification, or one exempting them from call. "

Btw, Blondie don't worry at some comments, your post did what was
    Required: provide an accurate answer! Thanks again,
    Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Anyone wanna say what the requirements are in past years for Bethel?

Pretty much the same as they are today:

"Strong back, weak mind."

All that other nonsense the society windbags about is just fluff.

Farkel

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost

1. Be able to function well as a closet homosexual
    2. not rent any movies that may be questionable
    3. and as already pointed out by BritBoy don't masturbate in bed, do it in the shower where you can't stain the sheets

dc

• BritBoy2001
    BritBoy2001

DC's Ghost

Indeed be able to function as a closet homosexual!! God knows that ALWAYS made me wonder.... I was appointed a regular pioneer and then a MS and then accepted in Bethel and the WHOLE time I was lusting after several brothers in the cong... so I wondered how the "holy spirit" that appointed me to all these FABULOUS things could not see what was in my heart.... And I stuck it out for several years!!!

Britty!!!!!! tee hee hee...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit