WITNESS MENTALITY TOWARDS THE TSUNAMI DISASTER

by Mary 44 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

WOOHOOO to Mary!!!

The first question that gets asked when tragedy strikes is, "How are the brothers and sisters?" When they're all accounted for, they breathe a sigh of relief. As if divinely Jehovah saved them. When 9/11 happened, same thing. I heard sooooooooooooooo many people say, to the point where I got openly defiant, "Jehovah saved so many of our brothers and sisters." UGH.

So is the kind of God I'm supposed to believe in?

"These look worthy of saving, I can use them for something. But this guy, yeah, his 2 year old daughter doesn't need him."

At one point I looked my mother in the eye and said, "So, what now we believe Jehovah saves some and not others as if some are worthy of living and others aren't? That's a form of predestination. Jehovah has destined for some to live and others to die." She shut up.

Mary, girl, you rock. So many people are so bloody ignorant and stupid and they say mean and dumb and f**cked up statements. Good for you. It is unf... trying not to get too vulgar..... It is unbelievable that people say things like that.

In general, Witnesses help Witnesses. Wait... scratch that... strong witnesses help strong witnesses.... wait scratch that strong witnesses help strong witnesses that they like. When we got snowbombed last week, my husband was working all day, my neighbor took care of my walk and driveway. I am making them some belated Christmas cookies. Weak witnesses are left to whither and die if they ain't lucky enough to have made some friends. OH or if you're NEW. Then there's the love bomb....

Sorry... just grouchy today

• Understood 1
    Understood 1

Well, that was highly unnecessay in my opinion BUT you have to understand that you don't hear about a witnesses until it is something bad. Although there were witnesses in the holacaust/concentration camps you never hear about them. When you do hear the number seems so small, but take into considerstion that that was all there were at the time. How may times have we ourselves said something that was out of line.......does that mean GOD sucks? or we do? I would have never understood the witnesses if i had not taken it upon myself to develop my worldly knowledge. Too, this person in imperfect and subject to their own ideals and opinions. Don't judge a JEHOVAH based on an imperfect statement. Jesus said to follow him as far as an example goes....not brother so and so - (1 peter 2:21). Besides, although it seems harsh to you, if you study ( I am under the impression that you do) you should know that Witnesses trust the bible and believe in the resurrection, If you believe that they will be back then how deep is the mourning?Acts 24:15 says not only will there be a resurrection but it will be one of the righteous and the unrighteous.People who had not the opportunity to know JEHOVAH will be given the opportunity and this bri=other knows this..PLEASE turn to the BIBLE for your answers and questions they are there. Don't render judgement based on a human opinion. YOu have a good day and I am sorry this brother mad you feel this way. [email protected]

• Understood 1
    Understood 1

I am sorry that you feel this way and yes I respect the way that you feel but as far as "Bad" witnesses go JEHOVAH will clean that up, we need not worry about that because they are not functioning within hisharmonious ways. Nevertheless, whether you go to church, a mosque, Kingdom Hall.......YOU know that something is happening to the earth. We have destroyed it. It can no loger continue functioning in its present state and we all know it. Witnesses believe in resurrection and it is not like judgement is not far off. WE ALL know this to be true. In revalations did it not speak of the very t imes that we live in? Sure it does. I went through the whole God is uncool becaused of this that and the other. I know now that I did and said things that were not right because I did not like certain people in the congregations and it hindered me from being "wild", as well. As a more mature person ( and I am not saying your not) I realized i was not turning away from brother so and so I was turning away from GOD.BUT it is not like he is not pleading with us to get right. IS it a humans example we should be trying to follow in or is it Christ? Besides, IS armegedon not a divine judgement? Was the great flood a judgement? When the isrealites wondered for 40 years in the wilderness was that not a judgement? The tsunami was a tsunami actually(speaking through my education) they have happened several times before but just in wilderness like areas....it was an earthquake. I actually hate death with a passion and my heart is weak when it comes to those that I see hurt. To give you a little biblical comfort it would help you to read HEBREW 10:26, for those who know the truth and do bad on purpose. I hope you don't turn away from JEHOVAH cause of human ignorance. I am so sorry that you had to experience such crap.

• G Money
    G Money

It is interesting with the Witnesses and charity work and helping others. I've been a bit curious. Ok, in the Bible there is the parable of the good samaritan. He helped out the injured man without regard to his beliefs. Doesn't that contradict the WTBS? Isn't the WTBS acting like the others who walked past the injured man? Or am I missing something here?

• zaphod
    zaphod
    You know what would have been funny. If they said "well at least all those people will be ressurected in the new order."

my gran's stance would have been even harder. every time anybody outside the truth died she would say,

"well. it's the only way they're ever gonna get through armageddon"

like they should be grateful. sheesh!

zaphod

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit