WB&TS Horror Stories for Children

by OUTLAW 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

The pictures in the publications were really scary. I heard the concentration camp stories. But we didn't have the Armageddon drills, which really surprises me as my family was weird even by witness standards.

My favorite was when the pioneer sister who had studied with my mom talked to me and my sisters about obeying our mom. She told the story of a young witness who had been told to always use the elevated crosswalk and never cross the highway. One day some worldly girls from school wanted him to croos on the highway. He said no. When he was on the crosswalk he heard screeching tires and saw the girls get hit by multiple cars. Both of the girls were decapitated and their heads flew though the air. If he had disobeyed, he would've died. So when we are disobedient, we will die. She ended hte story by asking us what we do if our mom left us alone for a little while and told us to NOT go outside and our house caught on fire. What would we do? Her answer was that if we were obedient and stayed inside, even if the firefighters tried to pull us out, Jehovah would protect us. Thankfully that never happened.

And, of course, I loved smurfs, but after hearing how demon possessed they are, I was scared to death of them.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

I had a morbid fear of demons when I was growing up. I used to pray every night that I wouldn't see a demon. I used to practice calling out "Jehover's" name to make them go away. All those stories about demons scared me to death.

Maybe that's why I really like watching "Ghost Hunters" on Wednesday on the SciFi channel now

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

As always,witness mentality is to go worst case scenario.

Valianboys example was right on about the crosswalk story.They don't mention that hundreds of people have crossed the highway and survived.

I used to think a 50 lb hailstone would land on me at armegeddon,also,whenever it was very cloudy or stormy looking out I would be afraid it was the start of armegedon.screwed up,but maybe I should take the good out of that and not whine or remember.

• under74
    under74

yeah.

My mom never told us what we should wear and we never went through drills.....besides my siblings and I going over what we should do at school id the "end" comes. As far as it goes with the adults I was with "the end" was inevitable and we were meant to go through a tribulation so there wasn't much I could do to prevent it.

How's that for defending a child?

Demons? Tons of demon stories....never slept well.

• glitter
    glitter

Mum never made us do "Armageddon Drills" but I was so afraid of the Great Tribuation that I did my own.

After I was put to bed I used to practise being as still as possible and *listened very carefully* to all the evening noises. I also used to pinch myself to practise standing up to pain.

This was me exactly:

Since my father wasn't a JW, I always wondered if he would side with us.

Me too, if I was lying in bed and someone knocked at the door, I used to be terrified that if my dad answered the door and it was someone who had come to kill us he would betray me straight away. I *loved* my dad but he *was* worldly after all...

When I played with my dolls I used to play having to run for it during the Great Tribulation and having to hide in the woods or in a cave. I used to get my doll and pretend I was the mother and quickly pack clothes and toys and most importantly my Bible and go and "live" under my bed.

I used to practise hiding in small spaces around the house a lot.

When I was seven or eight we did the Revelation book for the first time. I was told - to my face, during the meeting - that one day They would force me to set fire to my mum and burn her to death.

Wonderful religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit