WB&TS Horror Stories for Children

by OUTLAW 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When I was a very young child my mother told me the government would one day be rounding up J.W`s and putting them in concentration camps.When we were collected,I was to wear my warmest coat and boots,as we would probably be there until god destroyed the wicked at armageddon.I was told never to give up my belief`s,even if I were forced to burn my parents alive..Got any good "WB&TS childrens horror stories" to share?...OUTLAW

• freedom96
    freedom96

The Paradise book had lots of images not appropriate for young eyes. I imagine there were quite a few nightmares from that.

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

I too was told that someday people might "drag us out into the street and shoot us." Since my father wasn't a JW, I always wondered if he would side with us. And what about our extended family? Would they turn us in? Would my classmates grow up to be prison guards? So horrible.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I think I've told this before but when I was young we used to have Armegedon drills. We would hide our Bibles and some current Watchtower at a designated spot in our house and hide under our beds or somewhere else. It was fun yet scary. Oh and we each (there were 5 of us kids) had to memorize scriptures because these were the only things we would remember during the great tribulation to bring honor to Jehovah. Silly huh?

Jehovah was a boogie man to me growing up, wonder why?

• avishai
    avishai

You too? Yup, had the Armaggeddon drills too. Had earthquake drills at school. Much more useful in retrospect.

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

heh, the concentration camps were a favorite story of people i knew.

• Gill
    Gill

My father always kept the car tanked up with petrol and plenty of long life food in the boot, just in case we had to flee to the hills. This was in the 1970's. Last time I looked he was still doing that.

• moses
    moses

We had armagedon drills also and we talk about the horrors of the great tribulation I remember one family would starve there kids during some weeks so they could experience famine,I remember one brother telling me that even if they threaten to cut off your penis we must stay faithful, I was like 10 years old at the time.Ahhh the memories.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I was constantly told that I would (very soon) be thrown into a concentration camp, where I would be tortured (described in excruciating detail) and gang-raped. This began when I was 9 years old and my mother started studying. To this day, I hate the scent of nail-polish remover- I was told that I'd be forced to drink it as part of the torture.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The Paradise book had lots of images not appropriate for young eyes. I imagine there were quite a few nightmares from that.

Yep, I can relate to that! I'd ben studying the "Let God Be True" book with my mother and when the "Paradise" book was released we switched to that - after all, it was "new light" and "spiritual food" wasn't it? Remember those pictures of people being destroyed? (Was that really the New York skyline?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit