Humans on other planets

by Truth2Me 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    It'd be more believable if it wasn't always "forrest gump" types that were abducted !

Ain't THAT the truth !

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I would think that there are not any human life forms on any other planet. But I would not discount other types of life forms on other planets. Hey the earth and sun are life forms if you ask me. But I guess that all depends on how far you want to constrict the meaning of the term life form. I would think that carbon based life is not as rare as most would think especially when you consider the the inherient order in the physical world. Water turbulance, magnetic force lines, the ink drop experiment being reversible, transitional states of matter,,all give remarkable examples of the tremdeous order in nature. These things make me feel intuitively that life is very abundant in this universe.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

The question is, what are we willing to consider as life? Is a gnat a life form? There is a book that has this plot that is basically, another planet is attacking earth, the planet is made up of these horrible super-bugs. It was turned into a movie. A terrible, terrible movie with acting as a bad as a soap opera. But the point was made. If I'm not mistaken they did discover that there had been life on Mars. Not the kind of life that we would think of as being important, nevertheless life was there at some time. (maybe it was another planet)

There are so many things in this world that we cannot explain. I think it is so much easier to pass it off as an urban legend or myth. It takes an awesome amount of humility as a human race to admit that there is a whole other world that we simply don't or cannot understand. Be it a parallel world, spiritual beings, ghosts and demons. Atlantis. Esp, etc. Whether it is or was God created, evoluted from smaller forms...

I prefer to believe in God. I think there is proof. But that which I find to be proof, may be silly and disproveable to someone else.

Do you guys believe in Ghosts?

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

There are, without doubt, planets which would support human life. However, even on this planet, humans were absent for more than 99.99999% of the time the planet has existed, or even of the time that life has existed here. There is no particular reason why life, even intelligent life, would evolve into something very much like us on another planet, but it is possible that it could do so. The best movie I've ever seen involving life on other worlds is "Cosmos". I'd also give a good mention to "Mission to Mars".

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Gaia are they available on video? The reason why I asked about belief in ghosts, was the thing is, if one can believe in ghosts or spirits (or whatever) point being a living person that is unseen, then that is a start for believing in et. Hope Ididn't creep anyone out.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Folks don't discount the possibility of time travel.

That opens up all sorts of other possibilities.

Regards,

Jim TX

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Yeah, but HOW?? In fact...

Time travel to the past might be possible, but time travel to the future is less likely because it doesn't exist yet.

Then, it depends on where the other life would be coming from. If it's coming from one direction of the earth's gravity pull, for instance from a point being older, they would be more likely to have the technology as they are an older civilization...

If however it's coming from the direction that is newer it is less likely they have the technology.

On the other hand, if coming from a creation point of view, God could have created a life that is far more advanced then we from either direction.

Atlantis is my favorite theory. Come to think of it maybe I should find a Build Atlantis game rather then Build Egypt...

• proplog2
    proplog2

I used to have a casual curiosity about UFO's until...(read my experience reported at this link)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/18868/1.ashx

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I have been to the site your post had suggested a few different times and wow, I was amazed.

About 6 years ago I stepped outside to let my dog out. It was about 11:00 or 11:30 at night. I looked up to the southwest and saw the funniest thing. There was this bright red spot that looked like Mars at first, then it darted to the west for a short space and was gone. Now, I am NOT claiming this was a UFO. But I have seen shooting stars. I think there are several rational explanations. Funnier, that about 2 years ago I saw a documentary about UFOs and a few people had seen something remarkably similar to what I had, yet, much closer. That's when I started to care more. I actaully do have a book supposedly of documents from the US gov. somewhere in my house. I got it from a clearance bookstore.

I'll try to find it and see if there is anything interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit