Humans on other planets

by Truth2Me 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Truth2Me
    Truth2Me

Hi everyone,

Through research over the years, it seems to me that aliens do exist, and even it some of the alien abductions are "demonic" or "ginn activity" as many claim, there are still many tales of humanoid beings from other planets that have been seen on earth. This is something I've struggle with for years, because JW and mainstream Christians alike write it all off as demonic etc. Anyone have thoughts on reconciling belief in God with aliens, even humans on other planets?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Since I believe in a Creator, I believe that it is possible that he created other worlds. However, I don't believe in "little green men"... if anything, the "aliens" would look just like us. Interesting thought though.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Hi Truth2Me

UFOs and aliens fascinated me as a kid. Despite my belief that there's a high probability of other intelligent and technologically advanced beings in the universe, there's really no hard evidence for their visiting us. Its even harder to prove alien abductions are anything more than some kind of psychological experience.

Have you read any of the alien/ufo related books by Jacques Vallee? He makes some interesting links between modern UFO and alien abduction accounts and the folklore of the past on such things as the succubus/incubus, the old hag, the wee people and fairy rings. He's arguing for an actual external agent that morphs to us. But maybe this sort of pattern points to an internaly generated phenomenon. Maybe we can end up learning something about ourselves from this?

• avishai
    avishai

Well, w/ at least a billion galaxies, and a billion stars in each, if there was a GOD, It sure would be a helluva waste of space if we were the only beings, would'nt it?

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

I think the JWs are right insofar as suggesting a serious conflict between the Bible and the possibility of intelligent life on other planets. However, since I no longer believe the Bible is the Word of God, I think it very likely that other civilizations exist, though not very many given the evolutionary odds against it.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    "ginn activity"

Only with tonic and a twist of lime please.

Sorry but I can only hope there is another planet with humans on it and my hope is that they are perfect and live forever.

Gosh when will I let go of the fairy tale?

• Abaddon
    Abaddon
    Through research over the years, it seems to me that aliens do exist,

Okay; show me the research.

I assume you have some proof. Fifteen blurred photos and five hundred people saying 'honest it happened' as not proof.

.and even it some of the alien abductions are "demonic" or "ginn activity" as many claim,

... yes, some people, normally wearing little canvas jackets with arms that tie-up at the back

there are still many tales of humanoid beings from other planets that have been seen on earth.

Show me a traditional story (200 years +) that assigns the origin of 'humanoid beings' to other planets. And there are tales of dragons, unicorns, gods, global floods... are they all true just because there are stories about them?

This is something I've struggle with for years, because JW and mainstream Christians alike write it all off as demonic etc. Anyone have thoughts on reconciling belief in God with aliens, even humans on other planets?

I have no proof of sentient beings from other worlds or even protoplasm from other worlds, so reconciling that with whatever belief in god I have is not a problem.

Please be open-minded, but not to the extent the top of your head falls off...

• Simon
    Simon

It'd be more believable if it wasn't always "forrest gump" types that were abducted !

Most are based around flying saucer sightings which we now know were experimental aircraft.

Humans just have good imaginations and love a good story.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Not long ago I was reading about the probability of other life forms. The problem actually lies with the laws of science. The thing is, the time frame of a life form visiting our planet is slim only because the time it would take for 1 ?ufo? to reach our planet from another galaxy would be hundreds of years. Counting the concept of wormholes is pointless since their existence cannot be proven. That being said I do believe that just about anything is possible, because, hey ya never know. And since we have no actual millenium falcons available that have actually been through the universe with a Wookie to examine, we have to wait and see. Pictures of little green men and beings with almond shaped eyes don?t count as proof. However, if there is anything I learned from my experience with the jw, is this : what aren?t they telling me??

• SYN
    SYN

Ah, this old chestnut. It's remarkable how the "aliens" have managed to keep themselves away from every single scientific establishment in the time they've been here. Or then again, they could just be running the most ludicrously effective PR campaign in history. Nobody believes you if you say you were abducted. It's perfect, really. Think about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit