Why do some people post things that they did not write ... ????

by Wild_Thing 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    Example? I ask because you may be assuming that the "original" source you found on the Internet was not written by the same person who "plagiarized" their own thoughts later.

No ... I don't want to give examples. For several reasons ... like one person said ... they may not realize that it is necessarily rude or wrong. I think it is, but I concede it is probably, most definitely a pet peeve of mine. Also, I don't want to put anybody on the spot and possibly emabarass someone or cause hard feelings. If you want examples, I am sure you can find them.

I do understand that some people on this site have their own webpages or have their writings published elsewhere. That is not what I am referring to.

• undercover
    undercover
    Google my words. They are all original.

If that was the case we wouldn't understand them.

resltor aluoufin roun pomerity.........now those are orignal words....I just made em up.

• blondie
    blondie

I hope I am indicating when it is my words and when it is the WTS words...I don't want credit for their stuff.

Blondie

• Pole
    Pole

LOL @ Blondie. Now I understand all the disclaimers at the beginning of your WT study threads.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

lol, it is a pet peeve of mine too, cuz I know exactly what topic Wild_Thing is talking about.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    Forgive me if this is an ignorant view; but isn't plagerism (sp) only related to those wanting to profit in some way from the copywrited words of others? I agree that it is iriitating when it is obviously not original thoughts - but is it as serious as that on a forum? Don't get me wrong - I think credit should be given where deserved - but is this a 'mountains out or molehill' argument?

Plagiarism is simply taking any writing of someone else and presenting is as your own. It doesn't have to be copyrighted. And yes ... it may be making a mountain out of a molehill when applying it to message forums, but it is irritating nonetheless!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well I always quote the Wt.Or Awake I copied it from dont I?????

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

yeah, it would suck if someone took the credit for something that I said. I'd pretty much want to kick their ass.

It happens to me in real life, too. I'd like, say something original and cool, and then five other people would totally rip it off the very next day.

laters

kaykay_mp

• Pole
    Pole

Wild_Thing,

If it really irritates you and you think it improper, then PM those people. Unless you know for sure they do it deliberatly. Some may be unaware of it, others have problems with formatting, etc. etc. Of course there are also blatant cases.

Pole

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    Well I always quote the Wt.Or Awake I copied it from dont I?????

You mean that new light DIDN'T come from you??? JK. Their grade of BS can be spotted a mile away. Although, if I was quoting from them, I would BE SURE to give them credit where credit is due!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit