BugEye

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Hands down...

Steven Wright

If God dropped acid, would he see people? -- Steven Wright

• Gopher
    Gopher

1. Steven Wright, from Boston, Mass., USA. Great deadpan delivery of one-liners that make you think & then laugh out loud. Such as "Hermits have no peer pressure". And "I have the largest seashell collection. Perhaps you've seen it, scattered on beaches all throughout the world".

2. Sinbad. Sort of a Bill Cosby for our generation, with great humor related to what goes on inside families. Also was hilarious in the title role of the movie "Houseguest" with the late co-star Phil Hartman.

GopherEven if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    Will Rogers (1879-1935)

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

<how do I squeal in HTML?>

I'm glad to have found fellow Wright afficianados! For some reason, he isn't very popular 'round these parts. If I mention his name to anyone under 30, I get a blank stare.

Good site for anyone interested: http://www.orangedelta.com/humor/swright.html

I am the master of my fate/I am the captain of my soul.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Reagan,

Thanks for the link! Hilarious!

GopherEven if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    Will Rogers (1879-1935)

• Seven
    Seven

My favorites: Dennis Miller(it's a 'burgh thing), Denis Leary, & Robin Williams. Thanks Reagan for mentioning Margaret Cho, love it when she starts on her family.

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

MORAN!!!!!!

I am the master of my fate/I am the captain of my soul.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Dennis Miller, Rodney Dangerfield, Robin Williams, Steven Wright, Dennis Leary.

Slipnslidemaster: "But at my back I always hear Time's winged chariot hurrying near."
    - Andrew Marvell

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Anyone see Robin Williams and Jackie Gleason together, HILARIOUS. I enjoy Paula Poundstone, I used to like Ellen Degenerous too. For you English folks MONTIE WILLIE, Benny Hill and Monty Python (though technically MP is a troupe and not just a comedian). Mr Bean is ok at times too.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit