Getting to Know You

by Prisca 12 Replies latest social relationships

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

I feel like I am being "singled out" hehehe..since I am not single.......

but I am not dead yet!

!

• Jon672
    Jon672

* How old are you and where do you live?

eryone, I'm Jon, a 36-year old in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. I've been away from the organization for about 11 years, and still coping with the effects of 20 years of brainwashing, immersion and bombardment (no bitterness of course... ;-)

* Have you ever been married and do you have any children?

I was married for 12 years...I have a 12-year old daughter who is allowed to think freely and have an open mind when it comes to belief in God or a higher intelligence.

* What do you like best about being single?

The amount of extra time I have to pursue hobbies and having complete control over my own schedule.

* What do you dislike the most about being single?

The sense of belonging and partnership--and the prospect of having another child or two is something I would like but may never have.

* Do you like dating or would you rather have a root canal?

Before I can say for certain I suppose I would need to get a root canal...

* Do you like to read? Watch movies? Participate in any sports?

Yes, I like all of the above. My fav. magazine is Popular Science--I can read it once and throw it away!!! :-) Those damned National Geographics are good but they just keep piling up on my coffee tables!!! Movies are okay, but I prefer to be doing something physical. I rollerblade, snow ski, and ice skate, in fact I played amateur hockey for 6 years, but now I just enjoy watching it. I've started mountain biking which is fun, and I take Hatha Yoga with my daughter. We also camp and do some light back packing. I'm thinking of getting a boat and taking up water skiing.

* What is your favorite book, movie, song?

Book: Ayn Rand's "Fountainhead" and "Alien". Movie? "And Justice For All". Songs, I love many! Anything from Shania Twain to Madonna, Queensryche and the 80's rock bands to Depeche Mode to Tool. I also like Latin music and any music with unusual rhythms.

* What is your favorite quote?

Hmm, what comes to mind?
    "I think I'm done...runnin'. I'm goin' home now."
    ---Forrest Gump

** I think this forum is great, kudos to those that are running it and I look forward to writing and
    getting to know more of you.

• peterstride
    peterstride

Here goes:

* How old are you and where do you live?
    I'm 35 and I live in Toronto, Canada

* Have you ever been married and do you have any children?
    Married once, divorced in 96, no children.

* What do you like best about being single?
    Who says I like being single?

* What do you dislike the most about being single?
    Not having someone to share life with.

* Do you like dating or would you rather have a root canal?
    Dating is fine...if I could find a lady that I would enjoy dating!

* Do you like to read? Watch movies? Participate in any sports?
    I read everyday...on the internet! Maybe read the editorial articles in the Sunday New York Times on occasion. As for movies, I hardly watch any (I just rented the "Family Man" last week), but I do try to follow a few TV shows. I used to downhill ski quite a bit, and play football (the real football where you actually kick the ball around, not hold it in your hands and run like a pantsy out of town), but now I seem to be way toooo busy to do any of that.

* What is your favorite book, movie, song?
    Fave book: The Bible (everytime I read it, I learn something new).
    Fave modern book: The Aquitane Progression by Robert Ludlum.

Fave Movie: Le Grand Blue (The Big Blue) from 1988.

Fave Song: "Don't break my heart" by Den Harrow.

* What is your favorite quote?
    "Honey, when I'm good, I'm good...but when I'm bad, I'm better", by Mae West, 1932.

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit