WTS to go back on medical use of blood fractions?

by Mark 18 Replies latest jw friends

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

THe wts is not "going back". There is a schizm. You have wts legal/hlc that actually know law and medicine. They are liberal pro-life saving measures for different reasons.

HLC for the humanitarian end and legal for the obvious reason of having a blood hypocracy allowing (promoting) whole blood with out reprisal if they will be liable in wany way. THen you have the branches. THe branches are the theological core of JWism. Each is like a separate animal, they are all the same specise (jw) but they work largely indepentantly on how the rubber hits the road.

You could get disfellowshiped in some branches for taking some fractions up until june 15 watchtower. THey are still rocking from that blow NY gave them. The HLC and legal are eroding many of the branches stands I am pretty sure if they could get away with it they would allow this blood issue to be a totally conscience matter such as hunting or owning rifles, but they can't because they don't control the jw grunt man on the street, and neither does the wts. The branches do.

• Odrade
    Odrade
    You have wts legal/hlc that actually know law and medicine.

Funny, I've known several members of HLC, two were construction tradesmen, one floor cleaner, and one (arguably the "most" qualified) was a human resources manager for a food company. I have yet to hear of HLC members actually "knowing law and medicine" anymore than any of us. And last I checked, it wasn't a requirement that a lawyer know medicine either, other than as it relates to argumentation.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I ment that the lawyers know law, and hlc knows medicine. You don't have to be a DR to know medicine, nurses and paramedic prove that every day. I admitt hlc has zero capacity to practice medicine except in rare cases where they are DRs (yeah I know those HLC guys too).

And yes I can't figure out why they let construction workers get so knowledgable. For some reason unlike "apostate" literature HLC is not banned from reading medical text. This puts them over time at odds with common sense. Then again I know more "consultant" HLC members that work at/for hospitals and make much more than thier old job hammering 2x4s (btw I heard construction work is starting to pay good now too bad they are too old to go back).

• Odrade
    Odrade

Thing is, XQs, the HLC does NOT "know" medicine. Some of them, SOME, are dedicated enough to take it upon themselves to learn a little of what they are imposing, rather than just learning what they are supposed to parrot to trained medical practitioners, but very few of them know anything about medicine beyond that. It's like watching the surgery channel, then claiming to know how to administer open heart surgery.

And even then, the most rudimentary training cannot teach these HLC elders what even a fraction of the parameters are in an emergency setting. Not to mention the fact that techniques, treatments and medicines are constantly changing. Medical personnel are required to get training yearly at a minimum to keep up with advances in medicine. Yet, if you ask any qualified medical practitioner, they will tell you that their formal required continuing ed could not possibly keep them on top of all changes, even in their specific field.

There is no way that these HLC committee members are qualified to advise a good doc on anything other than JW doctrine, no matter how sincere, unless, as you point out, they are HC providers themselves, which even you must admit, is the rarest of rarities. In the last 30 years, I've known a few active JWs in the healthcare fields, but they have nearly all been women, and we KNOW the possibility of a WOMAN serving on an HLC... big fat zero.

O

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day metatron:

Take college, for example. After various

Witnesses find out that Bethel was quietly sending people to college, the Hypocrites in Charge

state that it's OK to go to college if you pioneer. Meanwhile, this doesn't sit well with the

Pharisees who run the Service Dept. They then try to contradict this 'allowance' in Circuit

Assembly parts against college.

I remember it well! When Service saw what Writing Dept had put in the W?t they put up a retraction on their database that's used to answer service questions to branches around the world. It was a classic example of while saying one thing out of one side of the mouth they said the opposite out of the other!

Cheers, Ozzie

• XQsThaiPoes
  • Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

XQ, all your post on this thread is the biggest Bull Shit I have ever read. You are obvious speaking out your ass.

The Watchtower lawyers do not know the law, they don't practice in the real world. The people on the HLC are not medically trained. They are not trained in anything but to push WT policy. Doctors are not stiff necked, just people who demand to follow polies of a cult over standard medical care.

Thanks for the laugh today. And thank you for showing how you cannot reason but sprew WT policy.

Have fun in your world.

You could get disfellowshiped in some branches for taking some fractions up until june 15 watchtower
    The Watchtower agreed to not disfellowship people for taking whole blood before the European Counsel or the WT would be labled as a cult. A letter was circulated in Europe concerning this matter back in the 1990's.
  • MegaDude
    MegaDude

XQ is a lying troll or mentally ill.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Worth repeating:

The Governing Body members don't know their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to the blood issue.

And I agree with what metatron said; there is an internal struggle going on between those hangers-on who want to enforce the original no-blood stance and those in the hospital trenches who have been forced to compromise by real life scenarios, including medical advances previously unimagined.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit