Some true facts about england

by stillajwexelder 13 Replies latest jw friends

• bem
    bem

eeeeewwwwwwwwweandyeowwwwww!! (followed by a full body shudder)

But good reading,

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

True facts instead of false facts ?

Yeah, the false facts are called Factoids. When it sounds reasonable people proliferate it, and it becomes a factoid. Garsh, that sounds familiar....

• Soledad
    Soledad
    The rhyme Ring Around the Rosie, Pocket full of Posies, Ashes, Ashes, we all fall down
    was related to the black plague, there was a ring around a rose colored welt with the plague. Because of the smell of decaying and burning flesh, people wore sprays of flowers on their lapels or breast pockets to stick their noses in to avoide the smell. Ashes, Ashes, refers to the rain of human ash as the bodies were burned. We all fall down, refering to people falling in the streets dead.
  • Navigator
    Navigator

I don't agree with Abaddon about tomatoes. I remember my mother (born in 1910) telling me that her family believed tomatoes (love apples) were poisonous when she was a little girl. In the south where I was raised (Louisiana) it was the custom to sit up with the dead to make sure that they really were dead and to help them should they wake up. The custom persevered even after embalming became fashionable. Our catholic friends would do it in groups with copious amounts of liquor and they called it a wake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit