What Terms Do Jehovah's Witnesses Use To Indicate They Are A Cult?

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    Example: "I'm going to ask My Bible Study/Return visit to come to the meeting."

Total depersonalization and a symptom of typical cult recruiting.

How about when your non-JW husband is referred to not as your husband but your "unbelieving mate"? Then there are those "worldly relatives" "work-mates" "school--mates"--none of these people are referred to as personal friends or family--of course not! they are all considered to be "bad association"

• FairMind
    FairMind

Running ahead of the organization or Jehovah

Congregational Privileges

Following those taking the lead

secret sins

virtual apostate

theocratic warfare (lying)

• Neo
    Neo

"Making the truth your own"

• Neo
    Neo

ezekiel3,

Refering to people as a Bible Study or Return Visit.

Example: "I'm going to ask My Bible Study/Return visit to come to the meeting."

Total depersonalization and a symptom of typical cult recruiting .

That's priceless.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Hers one for you-totally twisted

My mom says that a circiut overseer compared the internet to when god confused the languages at babel.He said that basically,because of the internet,we all speak one global language,just like back in the days of nimrod.This ,of course proves them right,the end is "right around the corner"-----HA HA

How ridicoulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

meat in due season

the friends

timely

time of the end

sheep like ones

god the crap that we used to be a part of

I am an atheist now but I almost thank god that I am no longer part of a mind control cult.

the sick twisted crap that we used to spew and get spewed on us 5 times a week.

I would rather have a ballectomy then go back

• minimus
    minimus

What's a "ballectomy"?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Not so much a term as a method: Ask a question, then give the Watchtower-approved answer. Never has this technique been more ironically employed than in the Feb. 15, 1984 Watchtower "Jehovah's Witnesses: A Cult or Ministers of God?"

On page 6 it asks: "Were there any attempts to brainwash you?" "Did the Witnesses employ mind control techniques on you?" And then it provides the approved answer: "'No' would doubtless be your frank response"! As in: "no-we-are-not-brainwashed-it-says-so-in-the-Watchtower".

(Could someone with a WT CD provide me with the exact quote from that article. I've had to cobble that together from memory and online snippets. I'd prefer an exact quote.)

• IT Support
    IT Support

funkyderek,

*** w94 2/15 p. 6 Are Jehovah?s Witnesses a Cult? ***

Multitudes around the world are well acquainted with Jehovah?s Witnesses. Of the millions of non-Witnesses who are studying the Bible with the Witnesses or who have studied with them at one time or another, we ask, Were there any attempts to brainwash you? Did the Witnesses employ mind-control techniques on you? "No" would doubtless be your frank response. Obviously, if these methods had been used, there would be an overwhelming number of victims in contradiction to any argument in favor of Jehovah?s Witnesses.

Just like the child abuse issue, they'll never see the victims if they keep looking away. Stupid buggers.

Regards,

Ken

• justhuman
    justhuman

Organization, wordly, apostate, true

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit