My Deleted Elder Friend Stopped By.......

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

with his wife to say that it's been 3 months since my daughter's wedding and in October he got deleted for going to it EVEN THOUGH the Presiding Overseer told him it was a "conscience matter. Period.".....The Circuit Overseer saw it differently and removed my friend as an elder amd my mom as a regular pioneer because of a letter sent ONLY to Circuit Overseers in 1999!!!! Not one elder in the body knew that going to a JW (inactive for years)/ "unbeliever's" wedding could result in removal. Yet when they asked him to leave the room, they decided he had to be deleted---after more than 45 years as being an elder, Congregation Servant, PO, etc. He is currently appealing it to the Society but methinks it doesn't look too good for him.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hmmm... I wonder why they don't have a Sunday Watchtower study about things like that.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I want to scream after reading this...!!!! ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

WTF makes these people think that they can yank someone's chain on a whim?

Sooo many rules. Aparently made by people that have no children, no natural affection and no conscience.

My mom threatened not to go to my (unbaptized) brother's wedding to a witness because the future daughter-in-law was marrying out of the truth!!

At the last minute (2 days before the wedding) she decided that she would attend as she was told that it was really a conscience matter. Then she told us that she wanted to help with the arrangements and was offended when we would not let her make changes. She refused to pay since she had no say in flowers and cake.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Those people are crazy-making.

• minimus
    minimus

I DO feel bad for these people. They left saying, they're not around for the people but for Jehovah. Sad.

• Swan
    Swan

This is what I hated the most about being a Jehovah's Witness. They tell you something is a "conscience matter," which means, "it's your choice, but you better damn well make the right choice or it's your ass!"

I once asked an elder if it was okay to join the union at work, since you pay your fair share of dues whether you are a member or not, and there a few extra benefits such as an insurance policy, credit card, etc. I said that I wouldn't vote and would be neutral in a strike (neither walking in or crossing a picket line). He told me it was a conscience matter. So as my conscience didn't see anything wrong with it, I joined. Wrong choice, obviously, based upon the reactions of people afterward. Jerks!

I really feel for your friend and am sorry he is getting railroaded by this CO, but I'm not surprised. It may even work out in the end, and cause another good person to leave the Org. and serve God with more joy elsewhere. It is amazing to me that with as many people as they are loosing, they still keep throwing boulder sized stumbling blocks in people's way, and then blame them for allowing themselves to be stumbled. It's almost as if they want to be a failure as a religion.

Tammy

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

"It is amazing to me that with as many people as they are loosing, they still keep throwing boulder sized stumbling blocks in people's way, and then blame them for allowing themselves to be stumbled. It's almost as if they want to be a failure as a religion."

I was thinking the same thing...

• one
    one

WHAT!!!

after more than 45 years as being an elder, Congregation Servant, PO, etc. He is currently appealing it to the Society but methinks it doesn't look too good for him.

isn't he the elder your mother didnot see at the wedding?

anyway the elders found the excuse that most likely they were looking for.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Wow. Such an unloving organization. People are actually punished for showing fellow feeling and love.

Minimus, thanks for revealing the inner workings. These are the things that happen to people constantly because of the JW mob mentality but few outsiders are aware of them, since this kind of thing is not a basic "teaching".

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Min,

It sounds like the elders caved in to the pressure of the CO. The Wt is very sneaky when it comes to secret letters. The fact that they could dump an elderly brother after all those years of service should make that body of elders think hard about just how little reguard the WT Society has for those that serve them.

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

Sorry Min,

There has to be more to it than that. Many of the old timers (by your specific description of experience) are under scrutiny. The organization describes itself as progressive and I would challenge that. Unfortunately, they define that their own way and anyone that doesn't conform, is a target for removal. It's just a ruse for the recent, more informed pattern of thinking among the younger, more spiritually enlightened people in the organization.

Out with the old, in with the new. When will history stop repeating itself?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit