Don't mean to be a bummer on Christmas..

by missy04 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Actually, Missy... I think today may help you make a decision about your living arrangements.

The comment about her not being able to enjoy her day sparked my own anger/resentment about my parents. BEST thing I did was move out. I waited until 22 and wish I had gone sooner.

Funny thing, in my case, I found that it was cheaper to live on my own since I was expected to contribute so much to the household but could not write off any of the expenses.

I think if you move out, start developing your own life, you will find that you will be more inclined to enjoy the holidays with them. 18 sounds young, though. Think it through. Set up and stick to a budget. Factor in education. It will be critical to your overall growth and development.

Start the education immediately. Please don't put it off. You will be so pleased that you did!! (I promise.)

-Aude.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Start the education immediately. Please don't put it off. You will be so pleased that you did!! (I promise.)

Listen to her... she knows what she's talking about.

• missy04
    missy04

Maybe you should call the elders and tell them what the fine upstanding witness of Jehover did.

I definetely would except my parents aren't witnesses. I can't imagine if they were!! Yeesh that would be alot worse.

your mom flipped you off.....hmmmm...well alrighty then....

Yah crazy huh

relax while they are gone , turn the music up and put the stress aside.. it'll come back home when the parents do!

Yah that's why I am still hiding in my room. "they're backkkkkkkk"

Should have taken a picture and sent that out as a holiday card next year.

I think I will do that soon...I think if I left here first it would be so much better, because I can't stand all the chaos. It makes my head spin. You're right though I know I need to do that.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Missy: I hope you tell your Dad that you were just hoping to find out how long they would be gone.....WOW your Mom was OUTOFLINE and should have her finger brokeGEESH A lil self-control would be good. Hun I think your stress and anxiety is from the weirdness your in, once you are on your own you can mellow out.

(((((Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzz)))) You should have called hun...that is what friends are for

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

So sorry to hear it Missy! It sure seems like mothers and daughters often don't get along too well - it's too bad your mother misunderstood you so badly! She of all people must know how you suffer with depression. Oh well, the bright side, if there is one, is that your mother could be so unhappy at the thought of NOT having your company. Mothers are funny. Mad and hurt because they love you.

• missy04
    missy04
    Hun I think your stress and anxiety is from the weirdness your in, once you are on your own you can mellow out.

I totally agree..It's actually amazing how much better I can function when I am not with my parents!!!

(((HUGS)))

~Sarah

• missy04
    missy04
    Oh well, the bright side, if there is one, is that your mother could be so unhappy at the thought of NOT having your company. Mothers are funny. Mad and hurt because they love you.

Yah, I realize now that she wasn't as angry as she was acting, she was more hurt I guess. And she wouldn't have acted that way if she hadn't misunderstood me.

**Feelings kind of bad now** I know I didn't make her act the way she did but I am feeling bad for her.

She did apologize, too.

~Sarah

• missy04
    missy04
    (((((Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzz)))) You should have called hun...that is what friends are for

AWWWWWW, yer so sweet

SheilaM seriously rocks, you guys

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit