Don't mean to be a bummer on Christmas..

by missy04 17 Replies latest jw friends

• missy04
    missy04

I really don't mean to be a bummer on Christmas, but I just needed to vent. Even if nobody responds I don't care I just needed to let it out. If it was any day other than Christmas I'd call up a friend to talk about it but I don't feel right calling anyone to pout on Christmas.

If anybody had a stressful Christmas, or anytime lately, go ahead and vent about it here.

The reason I am sitting here bummed out right now is that earlier in the week I had told my mum I didn't plan on going to the family Christmas get-together today at my Grandma and Grandpa's house unless I was feeling less stressed. I didn't think I would be up to being around a bunch of people, and especially without being able to buy everyone presents.

Well she was fine with it until today and they had even decided they didn't feel like going. But about 45 minutes ago I started recieving guilt trips about how it's going to tick everyone off if I don't go. Well when they were leaving my mom said "hope you have a great Christmas, Sarah. I won't" Then they were about to get in the car and drive off and I realized I had no idea how long they were going to be gone and wanted to ask my dad. So I knocked on the window and my mom looked up and I pointed towards my dad, asking her to get his attention for me. Well she thought I was flipping her off. (which I have never done and would never do to my mother.) So she screamed "F*** you too" (with middle finger in air) and they drove off with my mom still screaming obscenities at me. Merry Christmas, right?...

I realize I have been posting bummer threads alot lately...so I really really apologize. My family situation is just very stressful right now.

If anyone else is stressed out today...go ahead and vent about it here. I think I feel a little better already after typing about it.

~Sarah

• Balsam
  • candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

relax while they are gone , turn the music up and put the stress aside.. it'll come back home when the parents do!

• Balsam
    Balsam

Sorry my blank post.

I am sure your Mom was hurt you could not bring yourself to spend just one day with them and the family. Parents have a hard time with that because they feel their kids are being selfish and hit hurts. Sorry you Mom thought you were giving her the finger, hopefully she will understand when you talk to her.

I got to have my two ex-jw sons and the oldest ones girlfriend here with us on Thursday and Friday for Christmas Celebration, it was wonderful.

Family is the key at Christmas, when you resist that it causes the family pain.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

your mom flipped you off.....hmmmm...well alrighty then....

• missy04
    missy04
    Family is the key at Christmas, when you resist that it causes the family pain.

Normally I would have gone and been with the family today. I have anxiety problems and depression and just couldn't make myself do it today.

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

missy, totally feel for you right now. im sitting here with some of the coolest people ive ever met, and i cant help wanting to run and hide. oh well, hope all goes well with your parents. are you living on your own right now?

• missy04
    missy04

nope..unfortunately I'm living with the parents.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Maybe you should call the elders and tell them what the fine upstanding witness of Jehover did.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

So she screamed "F*** you too" (with middle finger in air) and they drove off with my mom still screaming obscenities at me. Merry Christmas.

Should have taken a picture and sent that out as a holiday card next year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit