End of the World

by jwcurious 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

....so after fourteen years, you decided to look it up? Wow.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

garybuss - Seriously?!? They sat in a coffee shop and awaited the final mighty wrath of the Ancient of Days?

Blimey O'Reily, that's proper nuts!

ig.

• garybuss
    garybuss

When I was a kid in the fourth grade in 1954 the Witness people told me that Armageddon would be here before I was finished with elementary school. So far they were only 50 years off.

I wanted to talk to the elder in the coffee shop when he came out but he saw me and he ran away. I was devastated.

• phil78
    phil78

My dad was halfway through an apprenticeship in 73'. His mum was a witness, but his dad wasn't. He decided to give up his apprenticeship and full time pioneer. All his friends were doing it. Grandad was very opposed to the idea. Dad ended up working as a milkman doing early morning deliveries, then going pioneering.

Anyhow, i know he regrets it, but it is never talked about. I only put it all together this year. I had never heard of the societies prophecies before. My dad is not strong in the truth, just goes through the motions. He must feel betrayed! Out of my whole family, i think he might be the next one to follow me out.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

The Witnesses having been making predictions about Armageddon for their entire history. None have yet come true.

My parents believed that Armageddon was coming, so they kept me out of school. I ended up starting a year later. I graduated 12 years ago.

Please, seriously consider whether or not it is a good idea to join the JWs. After all, the Bible itself says that if anyone makes predictions that don't come true, they are a false prophet and you should not listen to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit