Do you become empty inside after leaveing the witness's?

by PinTail 20 Replies latest jw friends

• PinTail
    PinTail

I find myself feeling empty inside sense drifting away after my being shuned, and my divorce from my wife who was a witness, and after my daughter had been molested by a stupid brother in the hall that my ex-wife started living with after my becoming disabled.

What do I do? I am newly married now to a good women who is not a witness, but she is honest and kind to me and understands what I have been through, but still I feel a empty somewhere in side of me.

Of note during this time of pain, I fell hit my head and lost a major portion of my brain which left me disabled, and very emotional at times feeling like all is lost, I just can't throw it. The brotherrs in my hall made light of my daughter being abused, and would not belive her I just can't overlook that.

• avishai
    avishai

I hear ya. i too am headinjured and feel feelings of emptiness, uselessness, etc. Mostly as a result of my condition, though. You sound like a very good father. Sometimes I feel empty and "ripped off" by how much time the JW's have taken from me. Do you have people to hang out with where you are at?

• PinTail
    PinTail

Thanks man for replying. I do nothing with the witness's. I belong to the Elks, and the Eagles I find good friends there and they help me in many ways. I also sing karaoke there because it has helped me retrain my damaged brain. I also play pool and that helps me too. I belong to a niice forum for head injured people, its great. If you want more information contact me:

Shane

[email protected]

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hey Shane, you sound a little down. I still have moments of despair, but I struggle everyday to get rid of them. It's not easy leaving the Watchtower, it took years before I could get my balance being on the outside.

If you've not been out long, I hope you can give yourself some time to heal, emotionally and physically. This can be an especially tough time, what with the holidays and all, it's a day to day battle though, and quite honestly for me, I have to take my days in doses of moments, minutes and sometimes hours. If I can just get around the next curve, I know pretty much that I'll be OK.

The calendar and the clock, however, have a unique way of fixing things.

Get Some Sleep

Wishing U Well

• Gill
    Gill

Hi there Shane,

Really sorry to hear you've had some really rough deals just lately. I hope this doesn't sound shallow, but you've really got to give yourself time to readjust to everything that's happened. Sometimes it can take a few years to find your feet again. Eventually that empty feeling will be gone and filled again. Sound like you've got a lovely lady taking care of you. Give lots of love and take the love that's offered you back. You will get there slowly.

Problems like these tend to take a two steps forward and one step back approach to recovering from. Occassionally, you take two steps back wards sometimes aswell. But in the end you are moving forward and recovering slowly. We all adapt, no matter what but it takes Time.

I'm sure there are lots of people like me who always read your posts. Maybe we don't always reply but it doesn't mean we don't read what you're saying and follow your story. You have lots of friends here.

Stick with it, keep talking, everyone is listening, and like Prophecor says, get some sleep. Rest a lot. Give it Time.

Good luck and keep posting.

Love, Gill

• gumby
    gumby

Pintail..........first off, your not alone my friend. You know how they say...misery loves company

Being shunned is hard on a guy enough.....besides the fact you went through a divorce and had to deal with your daughter being molested. So your ex-hooked up with the guy that molested her? I hope your daughter doesn't spend any time with her mom then.......is your ex nuts?

Hopefully by hangin out here will give you some relief and finding many here are exeriencing similar difficulties but are dealing with it in various ways.

Take care bud,

Gumby

• SallySue
    SallySue

((((((((PinTail)))))))

Hang in there. Things will get better with time.

Remember, you have people on this board who understand where you are coming from and want the best for you.

• talley
    talley

(((PinTail)))

It appears that your 'empty' feeling has more to it than just leaving the witnesses, but that could very well be a part of that feeling too. To address the 'witness' part I suggest that you read Ray Franze's book Crisis of Conscience. That book is what finally set me psycologically free from the WT. After reading that book, my drifting/empty feeling became rather like a great weight lifted off my shoulders ( a weight or drag I was not even aware of until it was gone), and a freshness of outlook toward life and the GOOD things around me.

Ray's book can be found in many Public Libraries, and if yours does not have it, you can request 'an inter-library loan' and they will get it for you.

Wishing you and yours good health and happiness always.

talley/Judy

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Hey Shane,

Hang in there dude, you sound like a good hearted person, take peace in knowing that. You are allready on the right track, keep yourself busy with your activities and friends thats probably the best thing you can do. Can you get busy exposing the creep that molested you baby girl? If you can do that not only would you feel a sense of relief but think of how much better your daughter would feel! Ok, take care-april

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I was empty long before I left, that is why I left. No love, no knowledge, just a sham except for a few individuals that are just as beaten down and afraid to leave.

Free at last, free at last, thank God, I'm free at last. (or however you found your way out)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit