Brother Michael called.....

by jellybelly 33 Replies latest jw friends

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Sounds a lot like how my wife talks sometimes too....but she usually stops when I .

• Odrade
    Odrade
    Also the bible says that the truth would get brighter and brighter so things would gradually be revealed as time went on. Maybe Jehovah allowed the date in 1975 for a reson. A lot of people fell away afterwards, perhaps they wereonly concerned for themselves and didnt love Jehovah.

Do they even realize what they are saying when they use this reasoning? This is not the first time I have heard this. So do they really believe that Jehovah "allowed" the 1975 belief to go unchecked just to see who would be stumbled when the lie was revealed? Thats like saying "we're going to tell you a lie, so that when you find out it's a lie, you can prove your loyalty by staying with the organization who lied to you."

Sheesh!

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

That line of reasoning might go along with, your husband cheated on you but you forgave him which proved your love was unconditional. If he hadn't cheated, he wouldn't have known you loved him no matter what.

At which point you think... WHAT????

• jaredg
    jaredg

the logic of dubs, if you can call it logic, never ceases to amaze me

• Swan
    Swan

What hope do these people hold out for the future?

Compared to a paradise earth and eternal life it is very little. The only hope we hold out is the small one of living your life instead of wasting it, of being aware that your spirituality is dependent on what's real right now rather than on some future pipe-dream, and of not having to toil as a peddler for a book publishing corporation.

Tammy

• jellybelly
    jellybelly

I am thinking of writing a letter of disassociation, I just dont want to deal with all of this anymore, the finality would be much more acceptable. Does anyone have a link to some good disassciation letters? Or shall I just write it from my heart?

I am just sad to leave my mum behind but I am going to reply to this letter and see if she can understand her faulty reasoning. I hope she will see but she is so indoctrinated I am not sure there is much hope.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    saying they are concerned that they had heard we believe in evolution.

Are they listening to your phone calls or something?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    The weird thing is that it was his mum that "dobbed" him in for his evolution ideas, now he is dead to her, stupid woman, I have no idea what she expected to achieve from this.

So its being announced tomorrow evening.

And after the announcement they can have a study on the Catholic Church and how they held the inquisitions and are intolerant.

• Bryan
    Bryan
    So now I am deciding what I am going to do.

I'd throw a party!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• jellybelly
    jellybelly

Here is the reply I have written to my mum:

I was wondering if you could just clarify some of the things you said in your letter I have cut and pasted your words and they are in blue.

If you remember when Jesus was on the earth the disciples thought the kingdom was coming at that time, even Peter fought when they came to arrest Jesus, cutting off the ear of the high priest He even denied Jesus 3 times but was not rejected by Jehovah because of that. The same today, Jehovah's organisation does make mistakes as it is imperfect but when you examine their teachings from the bible you cant fault them.

You say here we should forgive the organisation for their faults and mistakes, this group of people who are Jehovahs earthly representatives. First up I am wondering who they are, who is on the governing body today, who is the faithfull and discrete slave, who writes the articles for the magazines, how do they make the decisions on what to print and when to release it? Are they inspired to write these articles or are they guided by god in any way? Can you find out for me and tell me where I can look up this information? How many of the remnant are left? Is this number growing or dropping? Remember the book is closed now.

Secondly if you denied the organisation 3 times as Peter did Jesus, you would be disfellowshipped in a flash, yet Jehovah did not reject Peter. If you question the organisation in any way, you will be disfellowshipped and labelled apostate.

Also the bible says that the truth would get brighter and brighter so things would gradually be revealed as time went on. Maybe Jehovah allowed the date in 1975 for a reason. A lot of people fell away afterwards, perhaps they were only concerned for themselves and didnt love Jehovah

It says the truth would get brighter mum, not that old truth would prove to be completely wrong and they would do an about face as they have with the generation that will not pass away. Jehovah does not lie remember, so why would he lie about 1975? Or about the generation that would BY NO MEANS pass away before all these things occur. Its now 2005, if you were BORN in 1914 you would now be 91. Yet I remember when the teaching was that those old enough to UNDERSTAND what was occurring in 1914 would be the generation that would BY NO MEANS pass away. They are pretty well all dead now. In fact if they were 10 years old in 1914 they are now 101.

Just because there has been a change of thinking on the time of the end doesnt change the fact that the end will come in this generation.

Now this new thinking on the generation, what is it? The generation definately began in 1914 didnt it? So which generation is it? It is a 'contemporary people of a certain historical period.' What does that mean? Are they now disregarding 1914 as the beginning of 'this generation'? Surely not, so what does it mean? People who see any of the signs perhaps? So someone who is 10 years old today could see out this system of things? What about people who are 10 years old in 2040 when the signs of the end are continuing? Or did 'this generation' really begin in1914? so that makes them 91 years old. Can you find out the answer to this for me as I think this is certainly affecting my faith in the organisation.

The following is straight from the societies web site why haven't they updated it with the new light?:

How long a time period would these last days prove to be? Jesus said regarding the era that would experience the "beginning of pangs of distress" from 1914 onward: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." ( Matthew 24:8 , 34-36 ) Thus, all the features of the last days must take place within the lifetime of one generation, the generation of 1914. So some people who were alive in 1914 will still be alive when this system comes to its end. That generation of people is now very advanced in years, indicating that there is not much time left before God brings this present system of things to an end. http://www.watchtower.org/library/pr/article_07.htm

Could you please read 2 Peter chapters 2 & 3.

Yes I will.

I only wished you had done your study by reading the bible instead of going to apostates to get your infomation.

Except for the bit on the UN all of the stuff I have sent you were direct quotes from the societies publications or were questions I had, which you havent answered by the way. Also I have read the bible twice since not having attended any meetings.

I feel that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent, you are being deceived by the 'seed of the serpent', who are all on Satan's side and are out to turn all people from serving Jehovah and to put doubts in their mind about Jehovah's earthly organisation.

Well thats OK because that is what you are told to believe and I forgive you for it. The truth is that I have never been so happy, so content, so at peace with myself and felt so much love and compassion for others. When I was in the "truth" I felt only fear, unhappiness, distrust and conditional love. I remember that fear that everyone else was under Satans control. Its very strong and mind numbing and stops you from thinking logically.

We are deep in the end of this system as you can see by the events happening world wide. The bible says that Jehovah is not slow as respecting his promise but desires all to attain to repentance. So we should be glad he hasnt brought the end yet. By studying the way Jehovah has treated events in the past we can see how events will unfold in the future.

A few more questions: When did this system start? If we are deep in the end of it, how long may the end continue? Does it matter? Who is the faithfull and discrete slave class? How much longer can they continue? What happens when all of the remnant die out? Or will there be "New Light" then as well?

can anyone add to this or critique it for me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit