Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.... THE MOVIE!

by pr_capone 24 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/index.html

Anyone else gonna go see this OPENING DAY?!?!?!!? If its any good, prolly twice the same day! w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kansas District Overbeer

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

May 6th 2005!!!!!!!!!!!

lol... yes I saw a preview for it a few weeks ago.

Sadly I was the only one in the audience who got the humor of Dont Panic when the world blew up!

I wonder why they did not use the traditional "logo" for Don't Panic.

• Fleur
    Fleur

Woo hoo! can't wait for it...more excited about it than about the next Star Wars film...

essie

(a hoopy frood who definitely knows where her towel is)

• jwbot
    jwbot

I CANT WAIT!!!!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

So sad that he died, he was one of my favorite writers.... Anyone here read the "Salmon of doubt?" It's a series of Essays that were complied after his death it actually helped me a lot as I was leaving the borg...

very very good read

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I'm actually worried about what the movie will be like! Mr Adams attempted to block this movie being made the last few years of his life stateing they weren't staying true to the book.... wonder if it will suck? Hope not but kinda worried that it might...

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I hope to get to see this movie on the day it comes out but I might be in labor.

• harleyquinn
    harleyquinn

omg! i sooo cannot wait....those are some of my most fave books in the world..always laugh at them, even after all this time...

• Fleur
    Fleur

I am nervous too...I just don't know how they can really translate all the subtleties to the screen. I mean, "That about wraps it up for God?" How do you put that in a movie in 2005 and not get major flack for it?

Those books are just, a wonder. I was so sad when Douglas Adams died. I love to write, and so I just marvel about the way he turns a phrase and the dialog.

I haven't read Salmon of doubt: thanks for recommending it mkr, I'll have to look into it!

Ah, the memories...."my fonting turlingdrones...the macuriatians are to me!" (i'm sure I botched the spelling LOL)

My favorite part in Restaurant at the end of the universe is the part about the group who missed their dinner because their Messiah was late...time to get those back out and read them again! First one is still my favorite of all.

essie

• Badger
    Badger

I just saw the trailer today. I bolted up and gave a Howard Dean "YEAH!" in the theater.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit