ever get that immortal feeling?

by what_Truth? 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

I was watching an old Highlander rerun a while. If you recall the show, the main character Ducan McLeod was an immortal. As such he would always feel a strong yet undescribable presence everytime another immortal was around him.

Later that day went down to the train station and saw an old man near by. I felt a presence that told me he was a Jehovah's Witness. Sure enough he walked up to me and offered me the magazines. I've had this feeling on quite a number of other occasions and more often than not it's usually rings true.

Anyone else ever get that 6th sense around an active dub? any idea what causes it? Does it ever feel so eerie that you almost worry that they're going to reach into their cheap sally anne overcoat, pull out a broadsword, and shout "There can only be one"?

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I've had this feeling on quite a number of other occasions and more often than not it's usually rings true

I kinda get it when I see someone in a suit and tie/briefcase/looking all superior/but have stress marks across forehead...

• blondie
    blondie

I only get the immortal feeling for about 10 seconds after I avoid a head-on collision with a drunk driver.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Funny you mention this. MY KIDS have experienced this phenomenon( and me). The Dub's have a certain "air" and "walk" about them. It's very tell tale. Kind of like you can tell a used car salesman in a crowd. Maybe it's more like "puttin out the vibe" on Dumb and Dumber! I just shudder when I think that I used to put out that same vibe!

I'm gettin creeped out!

u/d

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Well, you know in the case of JWs it would be "there can be only 144,000 and a great crowd" ..

And granted, there may be an intuitive sense that they are a JW, but come on - would this really be the same feeling that immortals get? My guess is the JW feeling is flatter and kind of dull, perhaps a sort of sinking feeling..

• justhuman
    justhuman

I always have it

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Later that day went down to the train station and saw an old man near by. I felt a presence that told me he was a Jehovah's Witness. Sure enough he walked up to me and offered me the magazines. I've had this feeling on quite a number of other occasions and more often than not it's usually rings true.

Did you chop his head off with your broadsword?

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

It's funny that you said that. I had that same idea about how you get this sense about another person maybe being a witness, and then when you're right about it, it just blows your mind. Even the connection with the highlander, too! How funny. Great minds think alike...

• fifi
    fifi

You can spot them a mile off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit