Happy Solstice! Winter Solstice at approx 4:42am Yeah!

by BrendaCloutier 9 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Solstice, meaning "sun standing still". Now the sun will begin it's ascent from it's southern-most journey (Tropic of Capricorn 23.5 degrees south) to the North.

Persephone has gone back to the underworld to spend 3 months with her captor Hades. Trees and plants have died, and the sun has left us to return come spring when Perspehone is allowed to return and the world is reborn. (Got any marshmallow peeps?)

Gawd am I glad the days will be getting longer. I really hate this winter crap... (brummie-dots)... unless it snows.

Happy Solstice

Brenda

• franklin J
    franklin J

I have always known that there was more to Greek Mythology than meets the eye....

I patientlyawait Persehonys return....the summer solistace ( June 21) is my birthday.

But.....after today the days will get longer.....

• Brummie
    Brummie

((((( ... .)))))

Yeah I'll be glad when the nights start drawing out again and summer is in full swing, its pitch black here by 4:30pmish!

• Gadget
    Gadget

Happy Yule everyone!

BB

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Gawd am I glad the days will be getting longer. I really hate this winter crap... (brummie-dots)... unless it snows.

Amen to that!

***Mulan, anxiously awaiting Springtime, sunshine, flowers and warmer weather***

• bem
    bem

Even tho our winter and Autumn has been mild but wet, I look forward to spring and longer days. Winter is for hybernation. I even have my extra layer of 'fat'to survive off of. now if my hybernation gene worked and I could sleep for the next three months.

Franklin my little brothers Birthday is June the 21st.

heres to looking forward to the sun .

Dorothy

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Woohoooo!!!

I love winter, too bad winter is just really fall down in Texas, hahah! But I AM glad that the days will be getting longer.

• embeth2525
    embeth2525

Now thats something to celebrate! makes me want to dance around a firepite naked! heheheh!!!

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Now thats something to celebrate! makes me want to dance around a firepite naked!

I'd like to go soak in a hot spring first...then dance around a camp fire naked. Then roll in the snow, and get back in the spring.

Sorry, maybe TMI

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

The clock by our computer now says, 4:42, in the a.m. Yeah, is right.

granny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit