Email from JW Cousin

by Undecided 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Folks,

I just got this email from my 72 year old cousin. What do you think of his advice???

Hi Kenneth:

I can't help reflecting on the wonderful start that we had from a very loving family: Grandma Patterson was a very special person that we had the priviledge of being taught by...as you know, she was of the Annointed and was hand picked by Jehovah to become a member of the Bride of Jesus Christ. She taught us the Truth about the destiny of this old world...how it is lying in the power of the Wicked One (1 John 5:19, 20) We have been given the intellectual ability to see through Satan's propaganda that is being delivered by the Religions of "Babylon the Great." "...the world is passing away and so is it's desire, but he that does the Will of God remains forever."

You know that the Kingdom that Jesus taught us at Matt. 6:9 to pray for is a Real Government that will cause Jehovah's Will to be done here on Earth as it is in Heaven. Time is immanent for the Kingdom of Christ to destroy all the political systems here on the Earth and then the surviving humans (world wide) will be under that Kingdom ...doing God's Will on Earth as it is in Heaven. I am sure you recall Proverbs 2:21,22 ..."For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. As regards the Wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth, and the treacherous, they will be torn away from it." -Psalms 37:11 "But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth. And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace."

Kenneth, you well know the Blessings that Jehovah and Christ Jesus have in store for the human family that love them. Kenneth, your lovely family haven't had the opportunity to be schooled by one of Jehovah's Spirit Annointed members of the Bride of Christ, you have!!! The time is urgent for you to teach them the things you know about the TRUTH.

"Pay constant attention to yourself and to your teaching. Stay by these things, for by doing this you will save both yourself and those who listen to you."-1 Tim. 4:16

Things are not too late for you and your family, make wise use of your time!

Satan will let your pathway seem smoothe, if he thinks he has you where he wants you. "The one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited, he was hurled down to the earth and his angels were hurled down with him. Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time."-Rev. 12:9-12

Kenneth, I do have a great amount of love for you and want the best for you and your lovely family! It is not too Late! Time is the most valuable thing we possess now.

You must give him credit for having my interest in mind, but I just can't see how any of the "truth" is really truth any more.

Ken P.

• Sunbeam
    Sunbeam

Hi Undecided

He obviously really loves you. It's a heartfelt plea for you to jump aboard the ark before it's too late. And it reads just like a WT. I noticed that the Truth is capitalised.

But what can you say? He's 72.

It's very sad.

Love
    Sunbeam
    xxx

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

A very sweet letter from a man who are like my parents. My parents don't want their daughter to die at Armagaddon and every now and then will mention me coming back to the Kingdom Hall. (The thought of walking into a KH makes me want to heave.) They sincerely believe what the WT says, even if it isn't the "truth." I smile, and politely decline their offer.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Happy and Undecided,

I feel the same way. My parents are very heartfelt about my salvation from Satan. It's sad really. But they continue to invite me and I continue to politely decline. One of these days they'll understand...

Billygoat

• GodRules
    GodRules

What is sad is that God is using these loving family members to try to get to your heart, but in your blinded and proud minds you are not willing to accept what God is sending.

If God sent Jesus to your home, you would laugh at his loving intentions also.

• mustang
    mustang

Ken,

I was getting the same from my 85 year old Dad til I had enough. He parroted all of this regularly; the exception was he empahsized the 'or else' clauses. That went on for 20+ years

Everybody else lets you go, and the 'fence-sitter' routine (nod, smile,'that's interesting', uh-huh etc., string 'em along & be busier than can be imagined) or moving away sufficed.

But, the relatives just hang on and on and on...

Whatever you decide to do, its probably best to smile, change the subject & get that conversation deflected.

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

PS. To my Dad all I ever was was 'an objection to be overcome'. It was a broken record from a tyrant. NO heart there, just a whip to
    crack.

Mustang
    who counted over 600 times that Dad couldn't hear no, lied, manipulated and violated my rights

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I am not blinded or proud, just decided to get out of all that oppression. Besides, who would God send to my door, Michael the Archangel or Jesus? To you guys it's the same person, and I never could buy that doctrine, even when I was a JW.

• Gopher
    Gopher

To GodRules,

How judgmental of you! Just because the people in this thread do not accept Jehovah's Witnesses style of "Christianity", you jump to the conclusion that they would reject God and Jesus himself? What in their posts would lead an unbiased person to that conclusion?

What is sad is that the parents in these cases do not show Christian love to their children, and seem to be only accepting them on the condition that their children will give in and accede to a certain "brand" of Christianity that they don't currently accept. Such parents are the ones who are "blinded and proud", and not these posters.

Many people on this forum have grown closer to God after leaving this meddling JW organization that poses as a "mediator". Others choose to re-consider their relationship to God, based on their experiences. Who are you or I to judge people and name-call?

GopherAlways do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

That's the problem Gopher...JWs feel that if you reject THEM or the WTS you are rejecting GOD. Which we all know to be false. Trying to get a JW to reason with you is like trying to squeeze milk from a man's tit. It's not going to happen, no matter how hard you try.

Billygoat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit