Quick dinner recipes...

by codeblue 12 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Ok there was enough Chili to feed the hungry!

It was good!

Love ya Nancy

Brooke WI aka Cupcake...lol....shhhhhhhhh

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

To help me in cooking nice dishes I like to buy fresh veggies and keep them in the freezer. I like these better than the frozen veggies from the store because the store ones tend to be too small and broken into too many pieces.

I also like to chop onions and keep them in a zip-lock back in the freezer. I'm not sure why but the individual pieces do not freeze together into a big lump so you can pull out a few or a bunch depending on your need.

Another thing I like to keep frozen are mushrooms.

All of these things add a nice "gourmet" taste to your quick dinners.

Also, try keeping frozen Cornish Hens in your freezer. At night take one out of the freezer and place it in the refrigerator so that it will be ready to cook the next evening. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic salt and if you want it spicy sprinkle a little cayenne pepper on it too (Careful! A little goes a long way!) You can take the skin off or leave it on depending on how you prefer... if you are worried about fat then take the skin off.

A single Cornish Hen makes a perfect meal for one or two people. For two people just cut it in half down the center.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Elsewhere...you are on a roll...thanks for your cooking tips!!!

And everyone else....

I love getting dishes from different states...they all seem to have a recipe that is unique to their region!

CodeBlue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit