Quick dinner recipes...

by codeblue 12 Replies latest jw friends

• codeblue
    codeblue

Ok...this chef is running out of ideas....anyone here have some "really, really, good, quick dinner recipes"???

Thanks for your help!!!

CodeBlue

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

PIZZAHUT.COM !

hehe..

this week we had skinless , boneless chicken breasts on sale.. i cut it up into strips.. browned it in butter.. added some dry mix fajita mix to it.. then put some in a flour tortilla with onions and salsa and cheese and fried it in butter.. served it with lettuce and sour cream

quick quesadillas!

• codeblue
    codeblue

Thanks Candidly...that does sound pretty quick!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Tilapia Fish and Steamed Veggies

I like to get a bunch of frozen tilapia fish from just about any store. You can get them individually wrapped in a box.

If you don't have a steamer, just use any covered pot and put the veggies in with a few table-spoons of water. Pour a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper on the veggies.

Place the Tilapia in a pan that has a cover. Add some olive oil, salt, and pepper. If you have paprika, sprinkle some on. If you have cooking wine, pour a bit in. If you have parsley, sprinkle a bit on. If you have lemmon juice, sprinkle a bit on. Cover and let simmer for about ten minutes or so... just until it is done.

=====

You can also cook spaghetti. Very easy and you can buy a bottle of spaghetti sauce to pour on top. You can make improvised "French bread" by getting normal white or wheat bread, put a few very thin slices of butter on them and sprinkle with just a little garlic salt. Maybe at parsley. Place in the oven on broil until the butter is melted and the bread is toasted on the top - the bottom will remain soft.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Quick Stroganoff Beef w/Noodles and Broccolli:

Homel Beef Tips w/gravy (already cooked....can be found in the meat department.. cost approx $5)

Sour Cream

medium size onion

Fettachini noodles

Fresh Broccilli (zap 3 minutes covered in the microwave)

1. cook noodles

2. cut thin slices and saute onions until carmelized

3. Zap beef tips in the mircrowave as instructed, put in bowl with a couple of tablespoons of sourcream. Add sauted onions and a couple of dashes of garlic power and stir mixture. Pour over noodles and serve with buttered broccilli.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Buy a cooked rotisserie chicked and cut it up on a bed of lettuce greens. Add some croutons and bottled ceasar dressing and you have a meal.

wanna

• Been there
    Been there

I'm not a chef....I am what you call a lazy cook, so I go for simple but tasty.

A pound of browned hamburger mixed in 3 regular cans or 1 large can of pork & beans. Serve with Ziffy mix corn bread. Variation........Use a pack of hot dogs sliced in 1/4 inch pieces instead of hamburger.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Mc Donalds

Pizza Hut

Taco Bell

They all have great ideas!

There is this one easy dish I know of but more of a side in the summer!

One box of spaghetti noodles

One bottle of Italian Dressing (your fav)

Crab meat or imitation crab meat(cheaper)

Red onion

Cucumber

Cook the noodles and put into a container dump all the dressing over it mix it up! Then put into fridge over night. After that cut onion and crab meat and cucumbers mix all of it together. If wanted or needed you may want another bottle of dressing!

Its sooooooo good!

Brooke WI

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Oh I have such a great Potato Soup Recipe! Easy!

Ok Potatoes any amount you want if you have a big family and want some left overs use a five pound bag!

If you have a med size family and want left overs use half of that!

Ok Bag of Potatoes peeled and cut up into big chunks!

Bacon whole package for the big pot half of it for the small one!

One yellow onion!

Milk! 1% or 2 % About 4 or 5 cups but you may want more or less just keep that in mind!

Butter (real butter) about a stick.

Boil the potatoes until soft like mashed potatoes. Drain water and add milk not all of it. and melt butter and add. Mash the potatoes but leave chunks. Add more milk(if needed) until it is more like thick soup. Then fry bacon but not crispy. Then add bacon. Use grease from bacon and put in the chopped onion. Fry in grease unless you want to use other grease. Add the onion! Keep cooking for 20 minutes. You have to stir it everynow and then so it doesn't burn.

The you may add Cheese on top of it if you like.

Good with Baked Bread!

Brooke WI

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

I don't know if you want cooking tips from Brooke; I've heard something about an incident involving her and a very LARGE pot of chili! LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit