Didn't It Irritate You That "The Friends" Had To Know All Of Your Business?

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

And let me tell you all that in the Spanish side of the WTBTS the JWs are NOSY+++++++.

Miss a meeting, a day in service, or some social gathering that they invited you to, and the next thing you know is people droppinb by your house in groups to find out if you're alright.

Makes me so angry!!!

DY

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

One of my last witness functions was a 'get-together'. I wasn't invited (too irregular) but my old roommate brought me along because I was having a real hard time and needed some fun and friendship.

My parents had just split up with a horribly, horribly ugly scene. This one 'sister' was oh! so happy to meet me!! She had heard all about their troubles and wanted to let me know how much she respected and supported my mom.

I told her it takes two people to get to the point that they did. Each played their role. And I really don't care to discuss with anyone especially someone I don't know.

She started telling me her take on all their troubles.

I asked her to please stop. You don't know both sides and it's none of your business.

I walked away.

She followed me and continued speaking as if I had said nothing.

I told her that I don't allow my parents to speak to me about the other and I was sure as hell not going to let her barge right in.

"Oh no! I would never do that!! I just wanted to let you know that........."

I told her to shut-up. It's none of your business. Leave me alone.

I left and never went to another gathering. Way too much gossip and rumor mongering.

• dh
    dh

I always thought it so funny the way they preach 'do not gossip' when that is pretty much all that a lot of them do... I think gossip happens because each jw congregation is such a small community, they confine themselves to only mixing with a few people, so they have to talk about is eachother.

• justhuman
    justhuman

If you tell them is your fault... I never told them anything

• PinTail
    PinTail

I heard them call each other friends, they were not friends to me. Oh" I may have had a few friends, but only to have them shun me at the request of the elders; yeah they suck alright. I know there may be a few others that say they are not a cult, well if there is some other nasty word that would desribe them I would use it. They draw people in to their web like a spider and wrap up their life so they can't move; so I guess I should call them: " Spider People".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit