Didn't It Irritate You That "The Friends" Had To Know All Of Your Business?

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Jehovah's Witnesses are a nosy bunch. They NEED to know everything that you do. They watch to see if anyone MIGHT be offending another person's conscience. They listen for any negative comments that could bring "reproach on Jehovah's name". They recruit others to observe and watch even for a hint of a problem. Then they run to the elders and "report" you, if you might be disobeying a rule or even if they think your "attitude needs readjusting"..... All in all, the Witnesses suck.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, min, I thought the "friends" fell into several categories when it came to knowing your business:

Group 1

The ones whose lives were so boring they had to find a little dirt on someone else to liven things up and to be popular.

Group 2

The ones whose lives were so bad (abusive husbands/wives, children out of control, can't hold a job, financially always in the toilet, etc., etc.) that it took the heat off of them to find and spread dirt on you.

Group 3

The suckups and asskissers who wanted to make points with the elders or the higher social echelon in the congregation.

Group 4

The sincerely concerned ones that you could not trust to be naive enough not to tell someone in the first 3 groups.

My motto is never tell anyone anything you wouldn't be comfortable with being the theme of the second talk in the service meeting with your name being mentioned from the platform or having your "best friend" twist the facts or run to the worst possible person and reveal your confidences.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I used to be flabbergasted and would spread gossip when I was "in" but I also was a teenager and that was the thing to do. It made us feel superior because we hadn't "screwed" up like these other people did.

I actually shudder to think of the things that JW's had privy to. I swear they might as well carry GPS and have hidden cameras, they love to get into every aspect of your life.

• Gill
    Gill

It was always the gossiping about your business that made me sick. If they didn't actually know the facts they saw nothing wrong with making it up. Nauseating, revolting, sickening attitudes these people have.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I remember once a woman who wasn't in the "Truth" was telling a sister that her husband who was is going off Duck Hunting soon and she will miss him because he will be gone for so long.

Well that nosy sad almost lesbo sister ran to the "Elders" and told him that he is abandoning his wife and child. Then the elders told him that he was wrong to leave his wife and tried to counsel him for it. Well his wife thought that they were all nuts and all she said was she was going to miss him and thats it. Well he never went back nor did his kid. The last time I saw him he was smoking a cigar in a bar his brother owned! I thought it was awesome!

Do you all think I should go to the "Elders" and tell them what I saw?

Brooke WI

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm a very private person and I hated the way everyone was always trying to know or question my private business.

• minimus
    minimus

For those of us that might keep things to ourselves, I find that if one is a JW, one loses all privacy. Elders are always questioning you or other people to see exactly what's going on. Nosy people---and trained to be so (with God's blessing).

• codeblue
    codeblue

Min...you are so "right"

for this reason and others, I don't miss being with "them"...

I found this out when I was going thru a divorce, would you believe I walked into the KH and someone asked: "so who is your husband sleeping with now?".......

They are a poor example of true Christian love as set forth in the scriptures. Their love is false and shallow and just too nosey...I don't need their kind of of "love".

CodeBlue

• troucul
    troucul

I have to admit, one will find those people all over-I don't think that there has one place of work that I have been where those types of people exist. Although I also admit that the borg's members have that extra element of moral superiority. "If they don't shape up, they're not going to be in the new system!!!"---

"I do not want to sail with this ship of fools"---World Party

• minimus
    minimus

With "friends" like that, we don't need enemies!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit