Can an elder be bribed?

by JH 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Any JW who has his/her own businesses can be bribed very easily.

This is because a JW who thinks he is being watched by an authority (employer) will walk a stright and narrow line while a JW who is his own "boss" will cut every corner and accept every kickback possible.

An elder, CO, DO or any other "authority" who is a acting in an official capacity, such as a JC, will almost certainly refuse any bribes or kickbacks because they think they are being watched by Jehover.

If you happen to know an "authority" and have something to offer that will help their personal business, they most certainly will accept it and will in turn grant you more privileges or let sins slide in a JC.

It is all a matter of how you approach them.

• ThisGuy04
    ThisGuy04

i don't think that's a very fair question....of course anybody can be bribed....what i'd like to know, is if anybody knows for a fact that an elder's been bribed

If the 'sinner' is a close relative of the elder(s), there won't be any necessity for a bribe. The Elder(s) will shut right up.

I should know, being the daughter of an elder and getting away with all kinds of crap now and way back then.

heh, i couldn't agree more...i was an elder's kid and i hung out with some other elder's kids...wow, that shit we got away with LOL

• minimus
    minimus

Not with money but with position or privilege.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Here's what the dictionary says about two closely related words, bribery and simony:

brib·er·y [ brbəree ] (plural brib·er·ies)

noun offering bribes: the offering of money or other incentives to persuade somebody to do something, especially something dishonest or illegal

si·mo·ny [ smənee ]

noun trading in sacred things: in Christianity, the buying or selling of sacred or spiritual things

In dubdom, simony rules. Bribery is pretty scarce.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Always, money will forget all of our sins

• PinTail
    PinTail

Yup, one of them just grined and said lets keep this a secret you don't tell my wife that you seen that womens head disappear under my steering wheel, and I won't tell them your smashed right now, I said you got a deal brother as we both poored more wine and ate five year old sharp chedder cheese. And considered the days text for tomorows field service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit