Would you continue to be a JW if?

by XQsThaiPoes 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

eyeslice, one of the biggest complaints I here about the org from other christians is that they DON'T help the community is any way. They don't even help their own. My grandmother, who was a longstanding JW, was struck with alheimers and severe dementia which forced her into a home. the last time I went to visit her she had a Salvation Army calendar on her wall. Now here's a woman who's so-called "bible based conscience" would never have allowed her to even SHOP at the Sally Ann now has their calendar on her wall. Why? Cause the JW's wouldn't give her one of their own. She wasn't able to go to meetings any more so they just completely forgot about her.

• AlanF
    AlanF

The very fundamentals of JWism are wrong. Why would I want to be part of something so completely out of touch with reality?

AlanF

• M.J.
    M.J.

As a comparison, check this site out:

http://www.newordermormon.org/

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I was going to start a site like that, but put it on hiatus when my dad tried to frame me for apostasy so he could kick me out of the house.

THere has to be more JWs like me that really are not compelled to "leave the truth" even if we know it "the truth" is filled with a healthy helping of lies or ignorance. A while ago I stopped in general of believing the accuracy bible cannon. Meaning that if I left JWs I would still think other churches were just as guilty of lying or ignorance. I also find the concept of universalist churches silly. Yet, I still like religion. I have a disdain of spirituality though.

In short the JWs feel right for me. It is the WWE of religion.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Nice question!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit