Uh oh, we got caught

by Mulan 120 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

We thought of doing that, but it's too much trouble. I doubt we will be seeing them. We will be out evenings this week, so they can't see us then. During the day, they might find just me, but I won't speak for Dave, so they still have to talk to him.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Mulan, you're a sweet and dear person. Don't allow a few lying, hypocritcal bigots bring you down. I'm more and more convinced the ultimate solution is to let go of their insanity and embrace life.

By the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Thanks, Chris. We really don't care at all.

I just hate the interruption this will cause, when they decide to pop in.

We realize that in many ways, it will be very freeing. Just today I was at the grocery store, and a woman I've known since I was 4 years old was in the checkout lane next to me. She is very elderly, and walked with a cane, but I was absolutely invisible to her. It makes me sad, because she used to be someone I really liked and respected. I am still the same person she's known my whole life, but she can't even acknowldege me and I am not disfellowshipped. So, not dealing with that crap anymore will be a good thing too. At least I will understand why they won't talk to me.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Marilyn. Any update for us?

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    She is very elderly, and walked with a cane, but I was absolutely invisible to her.

try running into your sister and husband at the mall and have them actually gasp, then half-run to the other side of the concourse, practically knocking over one of those big potted plants. i felt like a vampire... (i too would be curious to see what happened - that was a lovely tree, btw. hey, maybe you can save one of the branches and have it bronzed..).

• Special K
    Special K

What a beautiful debbil tree you have there, Mulan. LOL

After everything I read on JWD this past year I really think that sometimes I was really blessed to be disfellowshipped early on. It has its pros...sometimes.

I think our debbil tree was what got us roasted, too.

The registered disfellowshipping letter didn't really specify... just a generic "apostasy".

hugs

Special K

• Mulan
    Mulan

No news yet.

• undercover
    undercover

I was looking at the picture of your tree and I can't see any religious symbols. Not even a star on the tree, just a "santy hat". So, in my opinion you did not celebrate a false religious holiday, you celebrated a secular holiday that has its roots in pagan practices.

As we learned from the Awake last year, it's not the history of the practices of what we do but what it means today. And as all Bible-thumping fundamentalists will tell you, most people have taken Christ out of Christmas and turned it into a marketing ploy and a season for partying. You enjoyed the marketing aspect of it and partied. No big deal.

Merry belated Christmas.

• Princess
    Princess

Hey Mom, is it possible he saw you here and found info about the tree? Makes sense he wouldn't fess up to reading an apostate site but would say he saw it while driving by or something. Just a'wondering.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Hey Mom, is it possible he saw you here and found info about the tree?

That could be..............not sure that jerk would know what to do with a computer, if he has one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit