- Left completely unsaid at the meeting: Who is going to be the owner of the property & building when all of these new KHs are built? In the current arrangement, in most cases, a local trust is set up to hold ownership. Of course, the most likely answer is "The Watchtower (or whatever shell corporations they set up) will own the land & building". But no one even hinted at ownership issues.
- I was also quite puzzled by the hard, hard, HARD sell on quelling "negative talk". Who cares if the new buildings are more "commercial style" instead of "residential style"? What additional points are they going to spring on unsuspecting JWs that will cause this avalanche of "negative talk"?
- One of the big "selling points" was the "glass vestibule" that each new KH will have. The pitch was that passersby would be able to "see into" the building, and the "mystery of what goes on inside" would be eliminated.
However, virtually every KH I've been to is in a residential area (zoned for church property, of course). So, in order to look through the "glass vestibule", a random person on the street would have to:
1) Drive up to the building's driveway
2) Drive 50-200 feet down the driveway to a parking spot
3) Walk 50-100 feet to the front door
4) Peer inside the "glass vestibule"
Who the fruitcake is going to do all that, just as a random stranger passing by?
This seems to indicate to me a wholesale selling of virtually all KH properties and relocation to new zones, closer to commercial properties (strip malls, areas with medical buildings, semi-urban zones) - places where at least a modicum of foot traffic may be expected.
Maybe this grand (yet unspoken) plan to sell thousands of residential-area KHs is the anticipated cause of all the "negative talk?