JW Says:--JWs Are "Not Required" To Go Door To Door!

by Voyager 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Didn't read the article, too ahrd to read.

But it IS COMMANDED [and therefore required] to go door to door:

Doesn't Matt 28 say to "Go therefore and make disciples!!!"

I was told it was not an option based on the above scripture, rather , it is a command from Jesus [WTS]

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Jehovah's Witnesses are not required to participate in door-to-door work but those who do learn how to talk to people about God's hope, Pogainis said. However, those who do not go Door-to-Door on a regular basis are viewed as "Spiritually Weak" and are likely to be avoided or shunned by other Jehovah's Witnesses for being "Spiritually Weak".
  • blondie
    blondie
    Jehovah's Witnesses are not required to participate in door-to-door work but those who do learn how to talk to people about God's hope, Pogainis said.

*** w97 1/15 p. 24 Helping Others to Learn God?s Requirements ***

Similarly, the work of preaching and disciple making is an obligation, a requirement, on which our very lives depend.

• Swan
    Swan
    Jehovah's Witnesses are not required to participate in door-to-door work but those who do learn how to talk to people about God's hope, Pogainis said.

A regular pioneer works around 70 hours a month

This is truly proof of Jehovah's holy spirit directing this preaching work. Notice that they aren't required to participate, but all of the pioneers put in around 70 hours a month just the same! Not 60, not 80, but 70 hours without being required to. That can't be just a coincidence. It's obvious they are sent by God!

How awe inspiring!

Tammy

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

When a JW woman ( a pioneer) who had been a friend of mine for years asked me about my spirituality when I was first exiting the Org and I told you I wasn't going to meetings she said to me quite gruffly before rudely cutting me off and hanging up the phone.

"Meetings and field service are not optional in serving Jehovah!"

She didn't seem to care about my hardships or emotional upset--just if I was going to meetings and out in service was what made me a worthwhile person to her. She hasn't talked to me since then--it's been about a year--I haven't called her either. We were good friends for about 10 years.

cybs

• Voyager
    Voyager

Leolaia:

The threads are provided for you above the article. Here they are again for you.

******************************************************************************************

http://www.postindependent.com/article/20041217/VALLEYNEWS/112170011

http://www.postindependent.com/article/20041217/VALLEYNEWS/112170011

*******************************************************************************************

• Panda
    Panda

Good grief they sound like abused children..." We love our parents who beat us because it doesn't hurt to be reminded that they are in control. They love us." Yikes. I remember the old lines about how you only do such and such because you want to serve god. Oh please. I notice there was no mention of what happens when you question those "holy" beliefs. And How about the time they were counting talking to the reporter? They sound so reasonable (as the hair on the back of your neck sticks straight up ... danger danger danger.)

And yes, the Supreme court protects cults rights. And any rights guaranteed in the Constitution. Maybe we should write a letter to the editor? Maybe we should mention how the borg will use that article to say "see worldly "officials" commend our work." EVEN better... let's have all dubs who have passports give them up. Then the GB won't be able to travel...no missionaries... hmmm.

• Raphael
    Raphael

The witness quoted in the news item is deliberately dishonest or in denial...the door to door work is a fundamental aspect of faith for all JW's. Those who do not share in the work are considered inactive and not counted among annual membership.

Elders will call aside those who become irregular in the door to door work for a serious chat, and consider those who do not share in this work spiritually weak and lacking in faith, it is also true that they consider this work neccessary for their own salvation as well as those to whome they witness, and teach that those who do not go from door to door will be called to give an account to Jehovah as to why they did not share in the work.

Congregation members also look down on any who do not share in this work as being spiritually weak and their is a tendency for them to be shown less love and they are also often excluded from social gatherings and they are made to feel inadequate and unworthy of salvation.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

as usual the "quoted" JW's sidstep the issue and lie by ommision.

Officially, we all know that :

We dont have to go house to house, per se...

Faith, not works is what God wants from us

Men dont 'have' to reach out for MS or Elder

Women can wear pants

You may take blood (sorta, maybe)

You can vote (sorta, maybe)

Couples can have latitude in sexual congress ( sorta, maybe...dont ask dont tell)

Jw's follow "Ceasar's Law" unless it causes a violation of "God's Law"

From experience we see that making a "choice" in any of these areas will result in our value, as a person, being reduced by 90%.

~Hill

• gumby
    gumby

Wouldn't ya love to slap the piss out of the liar who supplied the reporter that information?

If you do not participate in the door to door work (preaching work ) , you can never get baptised, never reach out for privledges, never get married in a Kingdom Hall, or recieve any other privleges the door knockers get.

Blondie posted the society's true stance on the matter. It's a good thing there is no hell cuz Freddy F. and his cronies would be covered in blisters right now.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit