What Life Is About

by COMF 14 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF

I can't take credit for this. It came to me in one of those emails that circulate endlessly around for years and years... but this one is not one I have seen before, and so I present its finale here, with my personal "amen!" I was once involved with a woman who had an aversion to almost everything. I would take her out to a new restaurant to try some new concoction, only have me say, "Dayum, this is good! Try it! ...to which her response would be, "Does it have onions in it?"

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
    safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
    sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

• COMF
    COMF

I forgot to mention...

my parting words to her were, "It seems like your goal in life is to make it all the way through without getting any of it on you."

• Mulan
    Mulan

I read a cartoon years ago, that said:

"Why are we here? What is our purpose in life?"

Answer: to try not to eat.

For someone always on some diet or another, it had meaning for me.

COMF, I made the little phrase larger so as to be easier to read.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

"Life is a banquet and most poor sonsofbitches are starving to death"

Lisa

p.s. Good to see you COMF

• Fleur
    Fleur

That's great COMF, I should put that up on my refrigerator! :)

Great to see you btw! I had you on my mind the other day when I was thinking of people who taught me a lot back in my baby-apostate days. You'll always be a teacher to me :)

hugs!

Essie

(yes, that esmeralda. lost the old account info LOL)

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I love it COMF!

• outnfree
    outnfree

Funny how life is! I just got that same e-mail about a week ago and LOVED that portion of it!

Good to "see" you, COMF! Hope all is well. Merry Christmas!

outnfree

• nilfun
    nilfun

Nice post, COMF.

The Skin Horse says it takes a long time to become real:

That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand.
  • franklin J
    franklin J

I agree with the sliding sideways; the martini ( plural martini) and the chocolate....but I would still like to keep my body in shape for other "romps" before I take the final slide....

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((FRED!!!!)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I miss you my friend.

Happy Holidays!

Andi

PS: LOVE the quote - I've seen it before and it describes us pretty well doesn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit