What happens when you die??

by mysterio91 33 Replies latest jw friends

• mysterio91
    mysterio91
    I still don't know what to believe, I just know I miss my grandma so much.

Essie,

I am also sorry for your loss. Your statement describes my feeling exactly. I miss my dad more than anything.

I'm quite at peace with this belief of no existance of any kind after death.

DY

I don't think I can say I'm at peace with it, but that is how I currently feel as well. I think it's a little scary. Fear is probably what makes the afterlife so believable to people. I think if may dad was still alive somewhere, he would do something to make me feel better. If I existed in an afterlife and knew people were having a hard time dealing, I would do something. Maybe that's dumb to think. I don't know.

• Golf
    Golf

If, yes and I say, if your a Bible believer then you take to heart what Paul said, "...and I hope hope towars God, which hope these men themselves entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.." If, your not a Bible believer, put your own 'spin' on what happens when you die. Guest77

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I must pass this on to all of you.

On Nov.16 th. of this year I was standing with two friends, who were fishing, on the beach. It was getting fairly close to sundown and I was going to watch the sunset. One of my friends points to the sand in front of us and says, " What's that?" I went over to the water's edge and picked up a "flying fish". I'm sure you all have heard of or seen them. It was absolutely gorgeous with iridescent blues and greens, about seven inches long with about an eight inch wing spread. We looked at it briefly and then I placed it back in the water and it swam away. My friends left and I stayed on the beach. About a half hour after I released the fish I started thinking about Franchesca, who lived in New Orleans and who I haven't spoken to in about two months or so and I wanted to check on her and see how she was getting along. Her Mom answered the phone . . .and told me Franchesca had died that morning. Like I told a friend of mine, it felt as if a knife had pierced my heart. The words were almost incomprehensible.

Franchesca was twenty-five years old. She was a beautiful young dancer who I had gotten to know a couple years ago. The point of this is that I want to share with you the fact that I will always believe that the flying fish was the embodiment of Franchesca's spirit, and I make that statement for several reasons. She had a large blue and green butterfly tatooed on the back of her neck ( symbol of flight and freedom, like a flying fish ) flying fish travel in large schools, this one was a loner (why? ); of the thousands of miles of beach on the Gulf that the fish could have come ashore, it beached itself directly in front of my friends and me ( what are the chances of that? ) I was the one that picked it up; Franchesca and I shared some intimate details about our lives, things we never told anyone, we were spiritually very close; she lived her life dangerously, " flying low " as an aviator might say , like a flying fish skims the surface of the ocean; what made me phone her that night? ; and she was buried on my birthday.

I have always believed in God. And I believe that Franchesca wanted to let me know that she loved me and I should not be afraid of the dark. Life after death is as real as the beat of one's heart.

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

My (never dub) dad died 20 yrs ago, yet it still moves me to think of him. I am not waiting to meet him, I just miss this great man. He was next to everything I would like to be. Actually I do not feel accomplishing what he did, so actually it is better that we do not meet again as I would feel ashamed.

I wish I could write the same about my dub mother.

Mark (One of the tears in his eyes - class)

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

your soul goes on this wonderful cosmic journey, in which you get to see things only God can:

...then you are reborn on Earth (reincarnated). p.s. no one taught me this i just believe it. i'm gonna become a Buddhist, i think.

i'm sorry about your dad

• IronGland
    IronGland

What if it was our fate to be reincarnated over and over again and experience life from every possible point of view? Keep in mind that this would mean you would experience lives as a rock star, King etc. but would also experience being murdered violently or tortured over and over again as well.

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

sorry about your loss. I've been to several funerals over the last year or so of close friends of mine. Left to my own thinking, i would probably conclude that there is nothing immediantly after death, but a ressurection in the distant future. So untill then, there would be nothing. But being a christian, i have to take the bible as the final answer on the subject. And while there appears to be an argument on both sides, i think the argument FOR immediant life after death is more probable.

Consider some of the apostle pauls statements. "We are confident, i say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." (2 Corinthians 5:8) "For i am in a strait between the two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you."(Phillipians 1:23) "For i am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand" (2 Timothy 4:6) Jesus told the thief next to him "Truly i tell you, today you will be with me in paradise" (Even though the JW's put the comma after today, thus changing the meaning, Jesus uses this phrase "Truly i tell you" 143 (sic) times in the New Testament, and not one time does he use the word today.) He also said destroy my body, and in 3 days, I will raise it. (showing he was alive in the spirit) Jesus told the religious leaders of his day when they were debating the ressurection, "But as touching the ressurection of the dead, have you not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? GOD IS NOT THE GOD OF THE DEAD, BUT OF THE LIVING."

Paul also spoke of a vision he had of the third heaven, and said he did not know whether he was in the body or out of the body at the time. Some bible historians believe this happened when paul was stoned and left for dead.

Anyway, i just wanted to share this with you. As some of the other posts have said, no one has been able to come back and tell us just what happens, but of all the people who spoke on the subject, i prefer to trust someone like the apostle paul, who was in constant direct communication with God. cheers

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    i prefer to trust someone like the apostle paul, who was in constant direct communication with God.

the christian god... there's lots of religions out there...

http://www.divinedigest.com

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

What happens to the programs running on your computer if your computer is destroyed?

• Mary
    Mary

After hearing about the thousands of people that have Near Death Experiences, I think that there is something beyond this life. Not everyone can be hallucinating about the same damn thing.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit