Best Of British Sports Cars.

by Englishman 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Excellent! I don't know HOW you found a photo of a nude man in a hamster wheel, but bless you for it. I might have a new Avatar.

I think I could get a bit more out of the hamster wheel on downhills. Two problems. No way would I do that nude - full leathers and a dome please. And I live in Holland. No hills.

Given that wet is also another dominate feature of Dutch life, I think having a roof is a good idea. Also, where's his CD player? I gotta have my tunes man!

(Currently the first Cosmic Rough Riders album, which is kind of predictable)

Also, that thing ain't got ABS. It ain't got shit as far as brakes go. And air-bags are only optional if you take your own ballon and have really fast reactions.

I can't believe I just stood up for my VW Polo! Which is currently being driven home by my girlfriend and should arrive at the same time as the Pizza.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I've never owned one or driven one or seen one of the following! But since a friend had something like this, I thought I would share this sporty little model. :-)

http://www.chimaera.vispa.com/

• Steve Egner
    Steve Egner

Englishman,

I had an MGB GT hardtop, light blue with black interior. What a neat little car! It had incredible road feel, and a rich, throaty sound. I had quite a few dates with Princess in that car...

Tragically, the car met it's ignominious end at a kingdom hall. The parking lot of a kingdom hall, to be precise.

I was pulling in to the parking lot, just behind my future father in law, Big Red. Upon entering the lot, Big Red looked around, and decided that there was no space in the lot suitable for his Ford F-350 one-ton pickup. With no clue that I was anywhere near, he stopped, and began to back up, right into (and nearly over) my MGB. I barely managed to pull forward and sharply to the right in time to escape being crushed, but the entire driver's side was caved in, deeply gouged by the fender of the murderous Ford. I parked, climbed out the passenger door, and surveyed the damage. Front quarter, driver's door, rear quarter, all crushed.

I met Big Red in the foyer of the hall. He greeted me with a friendly smile and a "Howdy Steve", unaware that he'd just totaled my car. He never felt a thing.

Another one bit the dust.

Steve

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You SOLD a FROGEYE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

And you call yourself an Englishman????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'd kill for one.

Bleedin' Poms are all the same.

Nutters all.

But we love them anyway.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I've always liked the Triumph TR7 - rot box that it was, I loved the "Cheese Wedge" shape!

I came close to buying a Ford AC Cobra replica many moons ago, and would love to own a "real" one.

I guess my ultimate fantasy "British" car would have to be a McLaren F1 - Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

But if anyone's giving away any Aston Martins, I could be tempted.....

Bull!

p.s. I loved the old XJS V12 too !!!!

edited to add: And there's nothing quite like the sound of a TVR starting up in a petrol station forecourt !!! YUM!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit