God's existance

by startingover 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StinkyPantz
  • funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Surely if we take the stance that science will likely eventually explain everything away, then "in principle" the "theory of god" stands up?

As science has advanced God has had less and less to do. Currently, the most compelling hypothesis (that includes the existence of a god) is that he just started the ball rolling, creating the natural laws of the universe. Even if it is proven that God is unnecessary for this, that is not the same as proving his non-existence. So in a way, the "theory of god" will always stand up, just not in a scientific way.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Since the premise of the scientific "theory of god" would be that His [influence/right to worship] is due to some form of creatorship, I beg to differ...

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Since the premise of the scientific "theory of god" would be that His [influence/right to worship] is due to some form of creatorship, I beg to differ...

Well, if God is defined as a being who was necessary to create the universe, and it can be proven that no such being was necessary then you've got something. Unfortunately, I don't see how that's provable even in principle. It's impossible even to prove that he doesn't interfere with human affairs, let alone that he had nothing to do with creating the universe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit