Elders raid a SDA church!

by ozziepost 55 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

Is it true what we're hearing? It's been reported to us that two elders burst in to a SDA church service about a month ago seeking to trap a Witness man there.

The man, a Witness for 14 years, had become disillusioned with the affairs of the WTS in Australia after viewing the "Sunday" program on Channel Nine which exposed the cover-up of paedophilia in the Witness movement. A God-fearing man, he'd sought out christian fellowship elsewhere in his town of Devonport, Tasmania. The elders must have learned that he was attending a SDA church and wanted to "catch him in the act" as it were.

So what happened?

The pastor left his pulpit where he was in the middle of the service and asked the two elders what they wanted. They replied that they wanted to speak with [name withheld] and the pastor approached him asking if he wished to meet with the two elders. "No, I don't," replied the Witness man, whereupon the pastor demanded that the two dub elders leave the church or he would call the police. They left.

What has happened since? No less a person than the Tasmanian Police Commissioner (Commissioner Macreadie) himself has issued restraining orders on the two elders!!

How bizarre! What on earth possessed those Tasmanian elders to do such a thing? Clearly the arrogance of the WTS knows no bounds!

Interestingly, the Police Commissioner is reported to have said that in his opinion the WTS' heirarchy in his state are "fraudulently corrupt"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could this be a small glimpse into why the Dub movement is languishing?

Cheers, Ozzie

• under74
    under74

Ozzie- LOL!

That's crazy...good to know there's people looking out for that guy though...and that he saw a sign and got out.

Man, wonder what'll happen with those elders? Wait--let me guess............nothing.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    No less a person than the Tasmanian Police Commissioner (Commissioner Macreadie) himself has issued restraining orders on the two elders!!

Great stuff. Wonder if they'll get reprooved!

• Been there
    Been there

The Tasmanian Devil made them do it!

That is too crazy. I'm glad they got a restraining order against them.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Great stuff

Oh yes - this has been developing for the past few months - I've had the privilege of offering support to our freedom-seeking Witness and I gotta say, there's more! But We'll save that for another thread later!

Let me say that people in the highest places are well aware of the activities of dub elders.

BTW hope you're feeling stronger today, Ian.

Cheers, Ozzie

• gumby
    gumby

Holy shitski batman......strange indeed! Ozmeister....had you been someone we didn't know, the story would sound suspect. It's definately not a normal proceedure for witness elders to act in such a manner. It seems to me all they had to do was quietly sit down, look for the wayward brother, see him there, then leave as they would have their two witnesses (themselves), and take disfellowshipping actions for him attending one of christendoms churches.

Gumby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Gumby:

Yep, I agree, it's so-o-o-o bizarre! I recall that when I was in Bethel I knew that some BOE were considered "loose cannons" but this Tasmanian lot, well, what were they thinking of?

I think it gives an insight into how disreputable they can become in their arrogance. The Police Commissioner certainly thinks that too.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Brummie
    Brummie

What a flamin disgrace! I doubt this sort of "busting" is a new thing, I could relate similar events, the elders really do think they are right to do such a thing.

Brummie

• blondie
    blondie
    It seems to me all they had to do was quietly sit down, look for the wayward brother, see him there, then leave as they would have their two witnesses (themselves), and take disfellowshipping actions for him attending one of christendoms churches.

Perhaps they had tried that already and been frustrated in their efforts. This brother could have been leaving by a side door or in some way they had not been able to view.

I have seen some elders reach that frustration level where common sense goes out the window.

Ozzie, I look forward to hearing how this boomerangs on the JW community.

I can remember 2 elders strong-arming their way into a non-JW home to try and drag away an 18-year-old young sister who had decided to leave the WTS and take refuge with this Baptist family. All the JWs at that time thought it was the right thing to do. The elders did not succeed in removing her and the police showed up forthwith. The Baptist family chose not to press charges...lucky for those elders someone was a Christian in that situation.

Blondie

• Mary
    Mary

What a bunch of knobs.............and ridiculous really, when you stop to think that Charles Russell endorsed many of the teachings of the SDA into the religion HE founded, so what's the problem?

Here's a links showing what the SDA believe........alot of the teachings are the same as the WTS:

http://www.adventist.org/beliefs/fundamental/index.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit