Do you think they come around to see if we are celebrating Xmas?

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 17 Replies latest jw friends

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Hi everyone..............it's been yonks!! How are you all????????????? We are doing fine, just really busy living life.

Well, last Saturday I was out at the markets with a friend (thank goodness). When I got home Mr Bliss informed me that a servant brought the CO around to our place for a 'friendly' visit. They weren't invited in but left a broucher, which Mr Bliss proceded to dispose of.

Do you think they come to see if any 'pagan' object such as fairy lights, Xmas trees or cards are around?????????

Anyhow, enjoy the festive season, stay safe and happy.

cheers, Bliss

PS: I'm going to a Xmas work party this week. An active dub is going to be there, should be funny seeing as though she is the reason the party name has changed from Xmas party to...........'end of year' party. A few colleagues have asked me if it was because of me and I tell them, "you got to be joking, I'm not a JW anymore" So people know that she is going, knowing it is a Xmas party but just called something else to ease her conscience. I think she is going to feel a bit uneasy knowing I know!!!!!! Like I care. I plan to have a ball

• PinTail
    PinTail

Yes I am sure they do, they have to me, my house looks like the Luxor in Vegas. Marry Christmas and to all a Happy New Year.

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

I know they come because I just had witnesses knocking at my door at 10:30PM at night. I'm being stalked. NO JOKE! I wish I was lying!

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Oh my gawd! If ANY religious nuts came knocking on my door at that hour of the night...well, temporary insanity will always be my defense. What a$$holes!

And I always thought chronic barking dogs were bad...jeezzzzz

gl

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I'm sure it varies from area to area, but we've had our christmas lights up for three weeks now and nobody's said a word. There's an elder's son, an inactive couple, and "good JW" and her on-again-off-again daughter that drive by our house every day. So far, no visits, no phone calls.

Maybe they figure the demons done got us already, and they ain't fixin' to be next?

• Balsam
    Balsam

You know I don't know if one can be disfellowshipped for celebrating Christmas or not once they have stopped attending meetings.

I do know of a gal who was inactive for many years who did celebrate Christmas, but she had an unbelieving husband which seemed to have protected her from persecution by the Elders.

She later returned to the Congregation, and told me she had been enjoying Christmas during that time. I told her how I missed Christmas with family all the years I had been in. We talked about life on the other side of JW's as we went door to door. LOL I've often wondered if she has continued to go to the hall since I left. She had been in and out over the years I've known her. We all called ones like her submarine publishers. They would pop up every so often be really zealous, then disappear again for years, then pop up again. LOL

Balsam

• undercover
    undercover

We personally still don't celebrate Xmas in the traditional sense. No tree, no lights, etc in our house. We don't go crazy buyng gifts for people we never see, etc.

While some people would still consider that Scrooge like or still under the influence of the JWs, there are things that we do that shows that we aren't under the JW influence. We helped our neighbors hang their lights on their house. I helped a friend decorate his business with lights. We had Thanksgiving dinner with some new friends who were kind enough to invite us to dine with their family. We have gone to one Xmas party and are invited to two more neighborhood Xmas parties. We'll be bringing food and drink with us to share. People who say Merry Xmas to me get one in return.

Even though I don't personally care anything about the holiday, I don't stoop to the level of fundamentalists like the JWs and try to ruin it for eveyone that wants to enjoy it. JWs want to be a killjoy for others in addition to depriving themselves of have a good time. I have decided to enjoy the season and even if I don't celebrate the holiday itself, I enjoy the spirit of the holidays. Getting together with friends and neighbors is as much fun as anything. Seeing the excitement of children is fun. The lights that people put up are fun to see. Traffic and crowds aren't so good, but, it's still fun to walk around the mall and feel the excitment and hear the music. It's a fun time of the year and I enjoy it now.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    You know I don't know if one can be disfellowshipped for celebrating Christmas or not once they have stopped attending meetings.

If you celebrate Christmas, and they decide to make an issue of it, they will announce that you have dissassociated yourself. (as if you wrote a letter..............that's the way it is announced.................you did it to yoruself) Ask Princess. It happened to them two years ago, after celebrating Christmas for five years.

They haven't caught up to us yet, but it's just a matter of time. An elder from another congregation (a window washer) is telling tales about seeing our tree last year, while washing windows on our street. He is lying, because it cannot be seen from the street. It's in a back corner of the living room, and you just can't see it unless you come to the window and cup your hands to look. I doubt he did that.

• Dawn
    Dawn

This is one way in which it's nice to be DF'd. I have no worries about being "caught" at anything.

I have lights on my house (lots of them), a huge christmas tree, decorations, and no worries when I run into 'dubs at the store while my basket is filled with christmas wrap and eggnog.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I moved.. they have no idea where to even look.. to the local Jdubs.. I just look like any other 'worldly person'...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit