We Live in a Fractal???

by frankiespeakin 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Sirona,

I was just using my imagination,, and imagining,,what if?

What I ment was: We look at the mandelbolt it is 2D,, and since everything thing in nature is a fractal,,what if everything we see is part of a 4D fractal. A kind of living 4D fractal. I thought I would post it because it frees up the imagination,,which is a good thing IMO to keep the mind youthfull. Try imagining it while looking at a computer simulated fractal, or try imagining a 3d mandelbolt fractal,,then just add time to get the fractal moving.

I know we can imagine it only very wispily and very faintly. Which brings home the idea to me any way that the imagination is very limited.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Pete,

I'm not saying the universe is portrayed in detail by any of our computational fractals. What I'm saying is that things and event form a 3d and 4d fractal where we may precieve it at present as chaotic but in actuality is a very detail fractal. After all mathematics is a way of explaining life and what happens in the real world,, and certain formulas are nonlinier such as the population steady state formula which is used to describe or simulate population steady states.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

It has been said that generally we see Life as through a straw, and upon awakening see an infinitely wider vista.

j

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    It will also help us to understand why when we fight chaos when things are not working our way life becomes such a struggle, whereas when we go with the flow even if we have to endure temporary discomfort we get where we are going faster.

Amen to that Bro. AlanB!!!

• IronGland
    IronGland

Interesting. I visualise the opposite. Many people are impressed with the relative order of the universe on a large scale. Imagine speeding up the life of the universe to where the entire 20 billion years or so happened in 3 seconds. It would likely appear as chaotic explosion. We dont see it a such because our lives are so short we are essentially witnessing it in super, super slow motion.

• Valis
    Valis

Well, you could also look at it as everything that happens is part of a continuous mathematical equationOne huge fractal that would be...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Valis,

We invented mathematic to help understand our world,,I'm just guessing here,, but I think it is true.

Physics uses math to describe the world in which we live. So i think you may be right about in your discription:

everything that happens is part of a continuous mathematical equation
    "Mathematical equation" being used purely as a human term in describing what happen naturally. SInce we use math to describe what happens naturally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit