We Live in a Fractal???

by frankiespeakin 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I was thinking lately about the manderbrolt fractal and other fractals as well.

And how every design of nature is able to be reproduced by fractals. These pictures of the manderbrolt set,, display a remarkable scale that makes you "feel depth",,, with things getting bigger or smaller. Now I find that very impressive!! All that from a simple mathamatical formual that appeared to be chaotic,,, that is until video computers came along,,, and we now are able to plot the mass amounts of iterations.

So I was thinking: We live in a elaberate fractal where the events appear chaotic,, but if or as our powers of observation improve we will be able to see its form of beauty.(?????)

I think if that was ever the case we would move and act very differently perhaps with less resistance.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Erm, What?

Sirona

• prophecor
    prophecor

There is, yes, a method in the middle of the madness.

Sacred Chaos.

I Believe, I Believe!!!

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

Frankinspeak-I always enjoy your posts, even though they blow this bear of very little brain's little mind.

cool thought on life, chaos and the fractal. I've wondered just how random chaos is, and if there is not a basic set of criteria for any given 'chaotic' occurance.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Can U Spell Synchronicity???

• Neophulis
    Neophulis

Doesn't that support the Big Bang Theory which would indicate we originated from Chaos and continue to grow and "evolve" exponentially?

I always thought about this because while I can't fathom all of this being created without a God(creator) to put it in place, at least we may have discovered how our "creator" achieved such success in making everything in existence.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i believe we live in a julia set fractal, not in a mandelbrot fractal.

• AlanB
    AlanB

Makes a lot of sense. Had a few synchronistic events over the last few weeks. The idea of order from chaos is a very ancient idea found in most of the older religions.

It would also explain how the supposidly random event of evolution worked, order from chaos, almost guided evolution.

Perhaps when we get closer to understanding this we can gain the understanding that the chaotic order of creation is in fact god.

It will also help us to understand why when we fight chaos when things are not working our way life becomes such a struggle, whereas when we go with the flow even if we have to endure temporary discomfort we get where we are going faster.

This is what is taught by many pagan systems including the Northern European system which is my favourite.

A

• prophecor
    prophecor

The randomness that is coincidence.

Or at least one would think is something so much more than mere coincidence.

While going to my fathers gravesite on the anniversary of his death, I wrecked my 79' Caddy I had just invested mad time polishing and waxing the day before.

Because I was going to college at the time, thru financial aide, there was a check waiting for me when I limped my tired, tortured child home. I immediately went to get another car the same day, I couldn't just attribute that to coincidence.

There is often times beauty and structure found in the sacredness of chaos and confussion.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Frankie....the whole fractal model is an idealization. The world has complexity that can be represented in crude form with a simple formula for rather esoteric and probably meaningless comparisons. It is a facinating computer phenom not reality. There is simplicity at the core of the natural world but it is not a computer program.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit