"God Doesn't Want You To Have A Christmas Tree"

by astro_girl 13 Replies latest social family

• astro_girl
    astro_girl

Hi All! I'm fairly new here (more of a lurker than a poster)

My mom-in-law (a JW for 50+ years) was just on the phone with an old childhood friend of hers (a Baptist and perfectly content with her religion) that lives down south and she told her that "God doesn't want you to have a Christmas tree...you should know that by now." Grrrrrrrrrrr......I just wanted to slap her.

How dare she try and ruin someone else's holidays spewing her poison! Her dear friend just lost her husband and since then I've noticed my mother-in-law moving in for the kill. Get 'em while their weak and vunerable. Just pathetic.

She seems desperate these days to convert someone....ANYONE!

All of her children have rejected the religion and got out as soon as they were old enough to make that decision (teens) My husband said he realized what a sham it was early on, all the hypocrisy and lies.

Well, thanks for letting me vent and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!

Astro-Girl

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

What? You didn't know that Christmas is eeeeeevil?

SANTA
    SATAN

The same letters... just arranged a litter differently. Both dress in red and you never see them together.

Coincidence? I think NOT!

• blondie
    blondie
    "God doesn't want you to have a Christmas tree...you should know that by now."

When I read that a JW has said something like that to a non-JW, I think "they must have been sleeping during the last 50 years of service meetings."

I wonder if these JWs know they are their own worst enemy...and in the long run it may be for the best...they won't be converting anyone to the WTS.

Hi, astrogirl.

Blondie

• gumby
    gumby

Tell your mother-in-law that god also doesn't want his faithfull witnesses to tear families apart by shunning those who decide to leave their group.......oh,and welcome to the forum!

Gumby

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Happy holidays to you too Astro-girl!

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Where do they get this crap? Hey who stole my Santa/Satan idea? I feel ripped off!!!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Hello Astro Girl, a belated welcome and a Merry Christmas to you too.

• barry
    barry

A Muslim customer of mine from Lebanon had a Christmas tree in there lounge room today. They told me it was OK for tham to have a christmas tree. Barry

• blondie
    blondie
    A Muslim customer of mine from Lebanon had a Christmas tree in there lounge room today. They told me it was OK for tham to have a christmas tree

Well, Barry, there are Muslims and there are Muslims. Then there are Muslims that have live in countries like the US, UK, etc. I have found that some practice their religion differently when in those countries than when in a predominantly Muslim nation. I guess it is like the Jews, some are secular and others orthodox in their approach.

Sunni

Shiite

Wahhabi

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Pathetic is right!

But then we know they don't want you too have a life, either. Sheeehhhh

gl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit