Mithra-Jesus

by homme perdu 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sherry:

So I say we all just skip the middle and come on back to the pagan way.

Are you proselytizing?

• gumby
    gumby

First of all.....this thread type was supposed ta be on my turf and some other heathen is postin all the gravy. Stealer!

JamesThomas,

What does seem to be true is that mankind has seemingly always needed their little deities to adore and worship. For some strange reason we have found it necessary to diminish divine love and presence as some thing outside ourselves.

Just when I thought you were losing your kung-fu "grasshopper" talk....you go and start again!

Please explain "divine love" to me. Is it a deity, a thing, air, a spirit,....what the hell is it and where does it originate? Does it originate in the conscience mind only, or does it self exist? Im confused again.

Gumby

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    I believe in a god outside, because it appears every morning and shines most every day. It is what keeps everything going on this planet. It's hard to look at directly, without damaging the eyes. Noone has asked for proof that my god exists. I wonder why

S

Oh, you mean Apollo. Greeks had that one figured out 3500 years ago!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Flirty Wink

Well we don't get a toaster oven for converts to paganism....

Sherry

• Satanus
    Satanus

Brenda

It depends. Did apollo fly across the sky every day, shedding light as he went? The egyptians painted pics of the same god in their tombs, although they elaborated quite a bit.

S

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Fools!!

Satan undoubtedly understood god?s plan for salvation through the messiah. It is easy to conceive how he would have started this cult of Mithra so that it would appear older than the cult of christ.

Brownboy you can jump in and help me any time your ready.

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

oh, man. I thought it said Mothra-Jesus at first, and that had me in a fit of giggles, imagining how the artists at WatchTower would render that particular illustration.
    MOTHRA vs. JESUS

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

IP_SEC

I know you were joking but some early church fathers actually used that argument!

Tertullian in his Prescription against Heretics, Ch.40

The question will arise, By whom is to be interpreted the sense of the passages which make for heresies? By the devil, of course, to whom pertain those wiles which pervert the truth, and who, by the mystic rites of his idols, vies even with the essential portions of the sacraments of God. He, too, baptizes some--that is, his own believers and faithful followers; he promises the putting away of sins by a layer (of his own); and if my memory still serves me, Mithra there, (in the kingdom of Satan,) sets his marks on the foreheads of his soldiers; celebrates also the oblation of bread, and introduces an image of a resurrection, and before a sword wreathes a crown.

Justin Martyr

in his First Apology, Chp 66
    "For the apostles, in the memoirs composed by them, which are called Gospels, have thus delivered unto us what was enjoined upon them; that Jesus took bread, and when He had given thanks, said, "This do ye in remembrance of Me, this is My body;" and that, after the same manner, having taken the cup and given thanks, He said, "This is My blood;" and gave it to them alone. Which the wicked devils have imitated in the mysteries of Mithras, commanding the same thing to be done. For, that bread and a cup of water are placed with certain incantations in the mystic rites of one who is being initiated, you either know or can learn."

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

FSCK- lol me thinks satanus must be too powerful. Damn idgits

IPSec

• Satanus
    Satanus

Eh he heh

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit