Mentally-ill girl who was sold for sex faces death penalty in Iran

by Elsewhere 19 Replies latest jw friends

• embeth2525
    embeth2525

Damb them

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

What a beautiful little girl! It's so sad to see that she has been ruined by her parents at such a young age, ruined by the World, and not protected by our socalled God! What a shame indeed! I cried when I read this! It broke my heart! So many, too many stories and situations in the World are going on like this, this very second! What can we do! Nothing! It's bloody pitiful!

• missy04
    missy04

I almost cannot believe what I just read about this...just when I think people can't get worse. OH MY GOD....It's heartbreaking. Brought me to tears. I always thought that everyone had some good in them. MAYBE NOT. I can't even think of a word that describes this.

Completely in shock and sooo sad..

~Sarah

• Gill
    Gill

Religion takes the good out of people, wraps it in a black bag and throws it in the bin.

What's left, is not worth having.

• Balsam
    Balsam

The middle-eastern mentality toward women is the problem. The Muslem teachings and understanding is at fault too. I think evolution of the human species certainly is still very behind in the thinking of people these days.

Life for women in the middle east is aweful, they are possessions not humans. Too bad someone can't break these poor women out of these prisions. I understand that a wife can take the place of a husband who commits a crime. So men rarely go to jail for their crimes, they send their wives.

I've read the book "The Trouble with Islam" by Irshad Manji, its very good. Check out what is being said about her book and efforsts.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2004/02/21/a_muslim_womans_call_for_reform/

• jwbot
    jwbot

The men who raped her gets some lashes...well isn't that special. *rolls eyes*

This is not "someone elses culture" this is a blatant disreguard for women. Women are not human beings, they are lower than dogs.

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Religion and politics

• Gill
    Gill

This mentality does not only exist in muslim cultures.

It turned out in the congregation we were in that a young girl told her parents when she was seventeen that she had been raped by her school friend's brother when she was just thirteen.

Her fathers and my father's reaction when I over heard them in conversation.

Her father: No one in the organization will want her now. We'll never get her married off.

My father: No brothers want someone who's not a virgin. I"m very sorry for your situation.

This in late twentienth century United Kingdom!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Gill - no, it doesn't just exist in Muslim countries. When will mankind learn? Damn it, maybe never!

• Mary
    Mary
    The girl, known as Leyla M, is in prison while the Supreme Court decides on her "acts contrary to chastity", among the most serious charges under Iranian law.

Ah yes, chastity of women is numero uno under the Islamic reign of terror in the Middle East. Forget the fact that this poor soul was raped, (with the full approval of her mother), while still a child. Any wonder that the poor girl has mental problems today? These Islamic laws make me sick and it just goes to show what warped thinking the men in charge have.......kind of reminds me of the ex-Witness out in Washington who was told by the elders that she'd be disfellowshipped if she told the police that an elder had molested her when she was a kid.

Ya, Islam is really the religion of peace..........

Hey, after Bush is finished with Islam in the Middle East, tell him to come up to Canada. Here in Ontario, there are now sections around the Oakville area where all the Muslims are living, and my god, you'd think you were walking down the streets of Tehran. They've got those god damn sirens that go off to tell you when it's "prayer time" and all their other crap out there......hell, these guys don't even have to fight to get this country, we're just handing it to them on a silver platter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit