Ray Franz cash pay off...?

by Gill 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

When Ray Franz left Brooklyn, he and his wife were given a $10,000 pay off according to Crisis of Conscience.

Was this an act of christianity or was it a pay off to keep him silent about the 'inner workings of the borg'?

I wondered this because he put up with a lot of defamatory gossip before, after two years, deciding to write his book?

Any one any ideas?

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

$10,000 doesn't seem like a lot of money. i would have held out for more...

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

It sounds like severence pay to me. And, not very much at that, considering a lifetime spent in the organization, much of it in a senior position.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

RunningMan....I was thinking of the same thing...a pittance of severance pay for all the years of faithful service.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

When you concider the fact that the WT gave Ed Dunlap(69y's old at the time) and his wife the boot,,they had given many decades of devoted service to the WT,,which because of that devoted service left him nothing to live on being he had paid so little into any retirement benifits because of such devoted service. Ed Dunlap I think had to keep working even in his eighties.

So the mere $10,000 Ray recieved was a step up the moral ladder for the "indifferent" Governing Body,,but only a very minor baby step.

There should be a law against such inhuman treatment,,and if jesus exist he must weep over such gross indifference that the GB shows to those that serve them and are no longer usefull.

• one
    one

Try writting a book, documented similar to CoC, and see how long it takes you to finish...

I do think "the judge" relatives did sign a silence contract.

I you break a silent contract a lawsuit can follow your relatives after you die...

• Dansk
    Dansk
    There should be a law against such inhuman treatment,,and if jesus exist he must weep over such gross indifference that the GB shows to those that serve them and are no longer useful.

GB, DOs, COs & ELDERS = PHARASEES

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    GB, DOs, COs & ELDERS = PHARASEES

That is so obvious now, it's like saying water's wet. So how did I not see it for nearly 20 years? Mind-boggling.

• Gill
    Gill

I hope that Ray Franz has made and hopefully is still making enough money from his very enlightening book , to make his life as comfortable as possible now. He certainly deserves all the comfort he can get.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Can we contribute directly to Ray and his wife?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit