Your favorite holiday movie(s)?

by gaiagirl 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Television listings and movie theatres are filled with lots of seasonal films now, and many DVDs are also available for films from earlier years. I confess to having a difficult time selecting just one. Among my favorites would have to be Christmas Vacation, with Chevy Chase. However, it is difficult to choose between that and Scrooged, with Bill Murray (the scene with Carol Kane as the Ghost of Christmas Present is just too good). As a fan of animated film, I really enjoyed Nightmare Before Christmas. What holiday/christmas film is your favorite?

• under74
    under74

You named two...

Christmas Vacation
    Scrooged
    A Christmas Story
    Mirace On 34th Street
    It's A Wonderful Life
    Home For the Holidays

So I guess I don't have one favorite...

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I saw "The Polar Express" with my son, and it's my new favorite

I also love

"A Christmas Carol" (with George C Scott)

"How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (with Jim Carrey}

"Miracle on 34th Street"

"It's a Wonderful Life"

It's not really Christmas until I get to watch these:)

I love the Christmas tv shows, too. Especially the classics. "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" is my favorite, followed by "Little Drummer Boy" and "A Charlie Brown Christmas".

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

A Christmas Story

I LOVE that show and watch it every time it comes on TV during the holiday season.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Charlie Brown Christmas

The Grinch (the real one, not the new one)

Hey, has anyone seen Elf with Will Ferrel? I love him and want to see the movie, but I heard from some people that it's stupid.

Of course I do have a pretty stupid sense of humor, so maybe that would be enjoyable.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    A Christmas Story

I LOVE that show and watch it every time it comes on TV during the holiday season.

Same here. We love that story.

I also really love Christmas in Connecticut, a 1940's movie with Barbara Stanwyck and Dennis Morgan. It is rarely shown anymore, so I found a copy on ebay. I just love that story. They remade the movie awhile back with Dyan Cannon and Kris Kristofferson, but it is silly and not well done. That's the only one they ever show anymore.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The Grinch (the real one, not the new one)

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

"Hey, has anyone seen Elf with Will Ferrel? I love him and want to see the movie, but I heard from some people that it's stupid."

I've seen it. I liked it, but I kinda like simplistic humor, so I'm probably not the one to ask. Bob Newhart was Will Ferrel's adopted elf father. I enjoyed seeing him again. I miss the Newhart show. "This is my brother Larry, this is my other brother, Larry."

Will Ferrel played the role of the "innocent" very well.For me, it was refreshing to see something not so jaded for once.

My teen boys liked it, too, though.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

"The Grinch (the real one, not the new one)"

I own that one, too. I forgot to put in on my fave tv list, oh my! I have the teddy Grinch, the ornaments, and I plan to buy the book.

The book is much better than the tv show:)

• Special K
    Special K

Beauty and the Beast Christmas

SK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit