I'm starting to think the Witness with never give up on me-HELP

by redhotchilipepper 21 Replies latest jw friends

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

They keep coming! and coming! and coming! Instead of coming less, I think they are coming more. No joke, at least 2-3 times a week to check up on us. It is driving me insane. I have to keep my curtains closed all the time. They leave notes on my door. "Feel free to call us anytime" and then the phone #. When they knock it feels like they are literally trying to punch their fist right through my door. It's making me a nervous wreck. I want to go outside today because it's a nice sunny day but I'm afraid they will come and call on me. I'm trying to avoid getting Df'd because I don't want to lose my Mom and sister but I'm really starting to get fed up. I finally did put my Xmas tree up downstairs. I just keep the curtains closed all the time. It's sad that we have to live with such anxiety because of these people. This religion, this finatic CULT. Sorry, I'm kind of mad and frustrated right now that they are making me feel this way. It's ridiculous, really. I hate it. I'm so tired of it. I want it to end. To be done with them. I really wish that they would just leave me alone. Thanks for listening. That's all that I really needed. I'm definately open to advice though. Thanks guys. Redhotchilipepper. Honestly I feel like crying right now from the frustration with this damn religion and what it's put me through in my life! Sorry!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

wow... no one gave a crap about me.. i'm jealous.

all you can do is maybe call the elders and ask them to call them off.. but then they'd want to talk to you..so your probably screwed till they give up.

• shamus
    shamus

It's simple.

Tell them to stop dropping by, and bothering you. You already feel bad enough as it is that you're so 'depressed'. Make sure to tell them to tell they're friends too. Be blunt, be honest, close the door on they're faces. You have to do it. They won't DF you for saying that.

Don't let them talk to you about one thing. You have the power to stop them from controlling you; the problem is you need to not let they're 'love bombing' take over your life. Dissassosiate any feelings you have toward them, the organization, everything, and tell them nicely, bluntly, and close the door.

They won't call back. Not for a while, at least.

• avishai
    avishai
    They keep coming! and coming! and coming! Instead of coming less, I think they are coming more

I need a girlfreind like that

• La Capra
    La Capra

They are frequenting your home a lot right now to see if you put holiday decorations. They all want to be the first to turn you in, that's how they get Armageddon points. Just relax, don't answer the door, and know that after New Year's they'll lose interest. You'll start to wonder if they ever really did care about you. (Don't answer that, you won't like the answer.)

Happy Hanukkah

Shoshana

(Edited to add: Avi, you're bad...have you been a bit of a disappointment lately?)

• blondie
    blondie

I put my tree up downstairs too.

I have been getting calls lately. They go to the answering machine. My husband screens them and erases them. It goes in cycles. When people drop by I either "hide" by going downstairs and watching TV on loud or I go to the door in my robe (terrycloth) with messy hair, no makeup, and Vicks VapRub liberally applied. Then I cough and hack and say it's not a good time, wave and shut the door.

I would call the elders about the most persistent ones (or have someone do it for you) and tell them that you need peace and quiet now and to please call first before coming.

I was fortunate in that half my JW family had already decided to "shun" us unofficially. They shun at lot of people at the hall including the elders and the current CO. Hard to do when some of them are elders.

If you want contact, make it on your own terms.

Hugs, Blondie

• shamus
    shamus

I always wonder why people allow them to continually call on them, hide behind the curtains... I'm not attacking anyone per se. I know how hard it must be. But I would never be afraid to answer my telephone, open my door, for fear that the high-control group is 'shepherding' me. I call it harassment. You don't have to live your life hiding behind the curtains, worried about phone calls, the like.

The thing about control is it's a two way street. End the control on your end, and they will tire of you and move on. Besides; there are plenty of goats in the territory to change.

• shamus
    shamus

Of course my advice does not apply to every situation.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

red.. maybe they are coming over hoping to get invited to your superbowl party .. you did get that big new tv... lol

• blondie
    blondie

Shamus, I think the key is that they still have family they care about and hope to keep some contact with; not possible if you DA or DF.

Maybe in time the ties to family will lessen or the JW family will reveal a cruel side.

It takes time.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit