When you're broke! Tricks (legal) to make quick cash.

by formerout 12 Replies latest jw friends

• formerout
    formerout

This is not just a curiosity question. This a real-life scenario... unfortunately mine.

I have not pulled a BrownBoy thing, but I used to be on as outbutnotdown (lost password and was registered on expired email account). I have asked Simon to link me up with my old account if possible, but I haven't gotten a response yet. I'm not complaining... just didn't want anyone to think I am using multiple accounts.

So, if any have read my outbutnotdown posts, you will know that I am fighting my ex-wife for custody of my kids. I'm representing myself. Out of neccessity only.

My ex moved about 35-40 minutes away, (against the Court Order) so if I want to see my kids this weekend I have to go pick them up. I put $10.00 out of my last $12.00 in the tank. I will receive money on the 15th, but I have literally been returning a few milk jugs for a refund to get by.

I don't want any pity...it'll be cleared up soon, but...

Does anybody have any tricks on how to make some quick cash, LEGALLY?

Any help would be appreciated. Plus some examples might give me a much needed laugh, even if I can't use them. Thanks.

Brad

• Valis
    Valis

Plasma banks usually give 25 bucks a pop...Also don't be afraid to go and get emergency food stamps if you have to. Also, could you possibly get an advance on any tax return money coming to you? Hope all is well and will try and think of a few more things..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• under74
    under74

you could give blood at a blood bank.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

How about throwing papers? Washing and waxing cars. Delivering pizza etc

M'

• under74
    under74

Oh, if you have some cds or DVDs you might be able to find a used record store in your area that'll give you cash for them.

• Valis
    Valis

Or if you had books that a used book store would buy?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• bebu
    bebu

Can you ask your employer for an advance?

If not, and this will truly be cleared up quickly after you're paid, ask a person who trusts you to repay him/her, and borrow $25-50. Write an IOU, if need be.

Whatever you do... don't try the lottery!

bebu

• Mystery
    Mystery

Newspaper routes (at least mine) is a pain - if you have to throw from 1am - 5:30am, BUT it is pulling me out of a tough situation.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

i had a garage sale last spring and put out stuff i ddint use but that attracted people like cd's i didn't listen to anymore, VHS tapes since i got a DVD player, toys, quilts etc. then i got some of those neon stickers and put them on everything and made some huge signs out of neon posterboard and offered incentives like "buy one CD get one FREE", etc. i set up a little TV so they could watch the tapes while they shopped, and had a radio out there so they could try out the CDs before they bought them. and that day i made $250. tax-free. people will buy anything, even old lawn tools and flower pots, and anyway, they like to think they're getting something for nothing...anyway just a suggestion. good luck.

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

Become a pimp. Oh wait, you meant legal in the U.S. Sorry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit