Is your family close??...

by Hecklerboy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

One of my brothers in law used to say that "all of us K..... where connected together with elastic"

we used to be a very close family but after the death of my mother, one of my brothers decided that he was angry at me - and is no longer willing to see me as his sister. Fortunally, the rest of the brothers and sister are not going with him (not against him either - they keep staying aside) so the family is not disrupted.

I hope one day, he will come to his senses.

edit to say that our family was not a JW one and the brother I mentioned was willing to shun my mother when she decided she was going to be a witness.

• FairMind
    FairMind

All of my children live within 12 miles of me and that's pretty close. My wife lives with me and that is real close.

FM

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

No...and I very much agree with you that it is, at least in part, due to the business of being jw.

Although, very much to his credit, my dear departed father did make sure we had vacation time together as a family. I think it was the one time he felt free of his elder responsibilities and could really be with us kids and his wife. We did have wonderful times together then. We traveled all across Canada and the U.S. Later on when only I was at home still, my mom, dad, and I went to Mexico, then all over Europe together. After I left home, my mom and dad went all over Asia together. Sadly he died shortly after that. He lived long enough to see "brother" Tanaka, who came all the way from Japan just to visit him while he was sick.

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

I guess it depends on who you consider family. My blood relatives? Only close to my brother, but we're super close. My parents/sister/cousins/aunts/uncles/grandparents are all dubs who don't talk to me. But I've developed a wonderful family in my fabulous husband who I love more than life, his sister and her family who aren't dubs and especially some wonderful, amazing friends who I consider family. Blood has very little to do with love.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I haven't seen any of my Jw family for over a decade. I don't think they are very close as two have been convicted of abusing their daughters and the others have run around on their wives so don't think they do much gettin to gether. I have a very close family. It is made up of my wife's family and the Baha'i community. A thousand times more real than my holier-than-thou Jw dorks.

carm

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

My family is close, My mom, dad, brother, and sister. We see them all the time. I see my mom's side of the family at family get togethers for people's anniversarys. I have a few cousins that I am very close too and consider them too be good friends. My dad's family on the other hand isn't close at all. My dad's mother has never invited me over to her house since I have been married. We don't talk or like eachother we never have. I think my Dad's sister would be closer to us but she takes care of things for her mom and I think that would drain just about anyone.

My husbands family isn't that close. We try with them but mainly we just see at the holidays.

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

My family and I have always been close. I guess that all depends on what you determine as close. I see other families now and I am starting to think that maybe my family wasn't and isn't so close after all. It seems that we're only close on their terms, that being, me being a JW. When I'm not a JW, our relationship is strained. It's very sad really. Even my relationship with my Dad suffers because he is caught in the middle. I am going to try really hard this time to stay neutral. Not give my opinions, so to speak. We'll have to see how it goes. We haven't had a family gathering since I left the ORG. We used to have them all the time. As you can see, my family is starting to stray. I will do my best to keep it together. Right now I just need some space or have just needed some space. I am starting to get my act together now. Emotions etc. Whenever something is going wrong in your life, JW's always attribute it to leaving the ORG, so I find it best not to tell them or include them in your problems. Hugs Redhotchilipepper

• sandy
    sandy

My disfuntional family is close even though most of us kids do not share much with eachother as far as our private lives. We see each other all the time. We laugh and joke with each other. However, it is a little different now for me, the situation with my siblings, Our conversations often get a little uncomfortable now that they know I am not a true believer.

Family has always been very important to my mother. If she could she would have a huge house with all her children and their familes live with her. She is a little crazy like that.

My family always took little vacations together or day trips. We all grew up close. We use to fight like cats and dogs but now we look back and laugh at things like that.

There is still that sibling rivalry between some of us but when it comes down to it we all take care of each other.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

well ... about more than 400 kms for my mother and sister who lives in France and about 7000 kms from my 3 sisters who lives in Martinique ... And now my son lives about 50 km from me and works over there !!! ... I have some pics though (LOL, but not really ...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit